Suicidal trader stories

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NoMoreOptions, May 11, 2006.

1. Adobian

Adobian

when I was younger ...

it was tough. that thought crossed my mind . Of course, having been an intelligent man, I ... ckickened out . LOL

#11     May 12, 2006
  2. THERUDEBOY

THERUDEBOY Guest

Good thread.....NOT. Why not post something about why people are all different. Suicides....what a shame for the lack of input.

#12     May 12, 2006
  3. Well it does happen. Look at the crash of 1929... so many jumped out of high story windows to their deaths.

#13     May 12, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

I can think of at least a dozen CBOT traders who've offed themselves. Seemed much more prevalent in the 80's though.

#14     May 12, 2006
  5. katesdp

katesdp

I saw a guy on St Patty's day 1990. He jumped out the window. He was X

#15     May 12, 2006
  6. John47

John47

Worst part of that movie...it was a poorly done Niezsche quote (almost as poorly as I just butchered his name).

It was something closer to..."When a man stares long enough into the abyss, the abyss stares back at him..." Depending on translation....as well in some of his other books, "One who fights with monsters must take care to not become a monster himself"

#16     May 12, 2006
  7. With a thread title like that, it was inevitable that I'd come here to repost the link to my website:

<b>Tormented by DEPRESSION, and the medicine isn't helping?

If you or anyone you care about is tormented by clinical depression and none of the medications seem to help, you need to read this. </b>

Widespread ignorance regarding the endogenous opioid-depression-opioid connection, combined with the ruthless drug prohibition laws, sent me on a trip through hell and back. This ignorance also came within an inch of ending my life. If I can save someone from going through this hell by just explaining a few scientifically proven facts, I need to do it.

Tormented by depression and nothing seems to help? You're not alone. <b>Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta... You've tried two or three of these. They were supposed to help you feel better- but you just didn't! Sound familiar?</b> Did you happen to notice that opioids like oxycodone and hydrocodone are the only substances capable of making you feel <i>normal</i>?

Read the rest HERE.

Note: The information on my site does not pertain to <b>situational</b> depression.

#17     May 12, 2006
  8. #18     May 12, 2006
  9. Hey this thread title looks interesting

Hmmm I was actually thinking of writing a book entitled:

High Roller: TheActionKid Story

It was going to tell a "fictional" account of the past 3 years of my life (18-21) living in the Chicago area and my dealings with the poker players, hoes, and bookies around here. Detailed story of how someone can go from very little, to a lot, and back down to nothing going through severe swings and having to deal with your emotions and feel suicidal at times.

Would anyone be interested in reading this? Maybe I should get to writing and try to find a publisher....

-TheActionKid

#19     May 13, 2006
  10. Adobian

Adobian

I would. Having been through exactly what you have described.

Glancing through this thread, "ego" comes to mind.

Been there done that. I thought I would never go back to trading, having seen how much it damaged my heart and mind. Looking through all these arguments, not just only on this thread, I see a lot of my own "ego" a while back ...

It destroyed me. I think every trader's book out there probably has a chapter on "ego" and how bad it is.

For the last few years, reading up on buddhism/meditations helped me a bit.

#20     May 14, 2006