Suggestions from traders for retail commission rates

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 21, 2003.

1. FCM's that self clear why can't you revolutionize the industry by not only catering to the high volume trader but also creating a viable choice for everybody that trades Futures......try this for ES and NQ:

0-49................. 4.50rt
    50-99............... 4.45rt
    100-249.............4.20rt
    250-499............ 3.95rt
    500-999............ 3.60rt
    1,000-2,499....... 3.65rt
    2,500-4,999....... 3.55rt
    5,000-9,999....... 3.45rt
    10,000-14,999.... 3.02rt
    15,000-19,999.... 2.70rt
    20,000-50,000.... 2.52rt
    50,000+............. 2.32rt

Jtrader free of charge
    Xtrader $600.00/mo (deduct $100.00 per mo for each tier, 0=no deduction, total deduction not to exceed $600.00)

Michael B.

2. I appreciate and welcome your suggestions. Since you guys are the trading community it nice to know what you guys think.

At this time we are still focused on catering to high volume traders. This is the segment of the market we know best and are part of ourselves.

We feel once you become a one stop shop for all(volume ranges) the quality of service goes down, the relationships you have with your clients begin to diminish as they all just become acct#'s instead, "your traders", your service loses its personal touch. This is something we never want to happen. At Velocity we want to know all our clients and have a good relationship with them. This is extremely important to us.

We could go after all the traders we could get our hands on regardless of their volume, but then we would just become every other firm.

3. Well?....Put your ideas in here.....,Traders?

This is a good time to contribute as the new year brings some exchange rate reductions to the industry....and then there is Eurex USA.

The ability for your Brokerage to keep up with the changes should be paramount to who you choose to do business with.

You need to find a leader out there...not just the lowest price for the moment....

Michael B.

4. Do you like the FCM's to state their commission rate and volume levels on their website? Surely this would take courage and they have a rate sheet internally anyways. But maybe they can fool you a little while and get more.

Or......

Do you prefer to negotiating your rate and be at the mercy of the boiler room AP. The biggest mouth wins type of structure? hey you feel special....with that rate you got.....

Michael B.

5. If you trade 100 rt's a day in ES and/or NQ and you can save 0.10 cents per RT that is $10.00/day.

Michael B.

6. So, I guess you guttless wonders, just complain and have no idea how to help the industry with your needs?

I was expecting more input from you "ELITE" traders. But perhaps your right...what does it matter what we think....whats the use....Yeah and how many people that really matter read threads in "elitetrader"? ha ha....not you mark....Thanks for your interest.....

Michael B.

7. wait to see what the new yr brings as far as rates go

with my Universal Acct. at IB

:)

8. me too, will wait for what new yr brings

#10     Dec 21, 2003