Suggestions for trading journals

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Ghost of Cutten, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Fair comment. I did mention that shorter term traders will have to do it differently. But you are right that I probably biased this thread based on my own trading style. Anyway, I appreciate you making an honest reply, thanks.

#21     Jun 27, 2013

2. You should have followed it.... 3% drawdown on a 40% return.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forum...ortfield=postusername&perpage=20&pagenumber=6

Something on the order of 400 real-time trades, all marketable. I made >10x risk in the last journal (single-name delta book) in which a few guys here followed each trade with similar returns. Some did better (on fills).

You can't really be serious. All of your conditions and prerequisites and you've yet to meet one of them.

#22     Jun 27, 2013
  3. That's great, but what style would that be? Passbook savings?

When you come down off the tilt-a-whirl I've got a suggestion. Screw your Methusela journal and we'll give Baron or Magna our account numbers. The best %-return wins. Either loses 10% and they're automatically disqualified. Both hit 10% down and contest is a draw. Loser pays winner $10k. The only other stipulation would be that we must trade exchange-listed products.

Aug 1, 2013 through Dec 31, 2013.

The proctor has a week, post wager period, to vet the performance of each account to determine that no adds were made. Simple. Loser pays upon completion of the ET audit and we post the returns to a thread.

#23     Jun 27, 2013
  4. July 1, 2013 through Dec 31, 2013?

#24     Jun 28, 2013