Suggestions for Keeping Calm and Relaxed

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by lokkeilaw, Jan 18, 2006.

1. I am a NYSE and NASDAQ equity trader. I trade story stocks with crazy movement and volatility everyday. I am doing fine for the time being.

However, I believed that if I can step down my excitment and save the energy for further analysis, I can do better.

How would you guys stay calm and relax during the trading hours as well as after hours?

thx =)

2. exercise, but not to the point of exhaustion. You will feel good, but at the same time relaxed.

3. gkishot

gkishot

Switch to swing trading

4. mizer

mizer

I use the new traders in my firm as a punching bag:D

5. nitro

nitro

Drink Camomile tea. Take long walks. Stay away from caffeine

nitro

6. gimp570

gimp570

Xanax works for some

7. I'd Scream and yell at lokman for taking to many shares again and driving down the price of the stock. After all that yelling you'll feel like a beer and a long nap!

8. Hit the head and rub one out. OK, that was crude, but it works like a champ. Just remember to lock the door.

• alba.jpg
      File size:
      24.3 KB
      Views:
  9. hey lokkeilaw
    when you say voiltle stock what kind of voliatle stock are u talking about -???????????????????

by the way when i am down i go and have a cup of water and take a walk in the room

10. Well, everyday is different. I am interested in stocks with news (good or bad), earnings, upgrade/downgrade, etc...

For tomorrow, the following stocks will have earnings:
    AMD (reported), BBT, BZH, COF, FCS, HDI, IGT, MER, NVS, PFE*, UNP, UNH, WB... and I will keep an eye on all of them.

*PFE is going to be very interesting tomorrow.

#10     Jan 18, 2006