Suggestion to rid ET of the Pol/Rel forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gunslinger, Oct 2, 2007.

1. I am just really stating the obvious. The Pol/Rel forum is an eyesore for ET. It is the same 5-10 posters saying the same shit about the same topics day in and day out.
    The forum only detracts value from the other forums on ET. The hit counts are not high, and not even close to what they were. I believe most members of ET feel the same way (with the exception of the P/R tards).

I am all for freedom of speech, but everyone is a member of ET. It is not that I am offended in the least by the threads in P/R but EMBARRASSED. I think giving the forum a burial would be one thing to improve this site.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Eliminating the PR forum is never going to happen but I appreciate the suggestion. We had a specific reason for creating that forum in the first place, and that reason is still valid. Specifically, we created the forum because we found that our members will discuss PR topics regardless of whether there is a forum dedicated to it or not. So in an effort to isolate these types of threads and keep them from constantly ending up in (and subsequently deleted from) mainstream forums like economics, wall st. news, etc., we created the PR forum.

3. Well said Baron.

Better to keep imbeciles like ZZZ, I.Q., WAELO, and others caged up in P+R instead of letting them run rampant on the rest of the site.

4. Good reason