Suggestion For Brokerage Firm With Good Customer Service?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by HappyTrader, Sep 2, 2020.

1. My requirements are *not* leverage or low brokerage commissions. But rather good customer service (i.e., e-mail or phone can immediately get through to a single individual who can answer all questions directly (rather than refer me to someone else) including back office requests (not necessary technical issues or even 'trading desk' issues).

Ideally a non-US based brokerage firm to deal with non-US customers.

Trading primarily in US Equities, and ETFs. Fixed Income would be a bonus.

If anyone knows such a thing, please let me know :)

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  2. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Sucden in London?

3. Do they do US Equities? (Sorry, I should have mentioned this).

4. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Perhaps, but I think they're more futures.

If you want US equities then you're going to have to find an old-school stockbroker. Most brokers have gone online based. If your account is > $100k then they'll be plenty of takers, if smaller you might struggle as people just don't want to speak with small accounts these days.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

It seems like you have asked this question before. If you open an account with Lightspeed and choose me as your salesperson, I will be your point of contact in addition to our service desks and account services.

FSU likes this.
  6. I might of, and you are still on my short list. But I am also very interested in finding a brokerage firm that deals with Fixed Income (which I believe your firm does not presently handle).

I might be looking more towards 'traditional' Brokerage firms (as opposed to discount brokerage firms)?

7. ZBZB

ZBZB

Merril Lynch.

8. toby400

toby400

Well -after trying LIVE CHAT on trade Station and AMP -and getting "leave an email and we will get back to you" - I would like to find a FUTURES ( Micro Futures) Broker catering for a UK based, small account ($1000 ) holder - and who has a chat facility that is actually "live."
    Suggestions welcome ?

9. Overnight

Overnight

AMP Europe.

10. toby400

toby400

Worse -people there seem to be lacking in knowledge and they only have MT4/5.
    I could try Tradestation Global who have a link to IBKR or even Tradestaion USA ( they always get back rapidly with an email lately - it's just that they only accept wires from the UK. At least AMP in the USA allow a new animal 'SEPA" to send money to a UK bank for the American firm AMP. Confusing for a trader new to Futures, with a small account, looking for a firm to practice his Futures trading skills.
    I hate to say this but the USA is more switched on to the little guy trying to trade Futures than is the UK unless you take a risk with CFD's or Spread betting
    ( Bookies). If US Brokers only allowed credit card funding ( albeit AMP has created a SEPA option to allow UK clients to fund accounts) or created Micro Dax and FTSE, then it might wake up the industry in the UK. Apart from rubbish online chat applications lately ( busy due to Covid is the excuse) the USA broker route seems to be the way to go.
    Warning: I am no expert nor experienced trader. Thus feel free to correct me or point me towards useful info. And apologies to anyone offended by my post.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    #10     Sep 6, 2020