SUGGESTION- custom colors for threads of varying interest

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gmst, Jul 13, 2013.

1. gmst

gmst

How cool it would be if we the users can rate the threads they like on a scale of 1 to 5 and the fonts in thread titles get displayed using different colors depending upon the ranking of the thread for that particular user!!

This will add a huge amount of customization for each user - and so ET main page and elitetrader.com/vb page will look differently colored for each individual user.

Let us say - black for 1, deep blue for 2, light blue for 3, light green for 4 and dark green for 5. If I don't want to rate some of the threads, their thread titles will appear in red.

It will be a great time saver for users. Only downside I see from the owner point of view is that it might reduce pageviews. However, upside is that users will be much more happy and satisfied and it will be a pathbreaking innovation in the world of trading forums.

Babypips, forexfactory, dailyfx, TL, BMT, Nuclearfynance, kreslik, wilmott etc. etc. noone has this feature as of now.

2. gmst

gmst

So, instead of the current main page displaying like below:

Best trading system
    Using a hedge instead of a stop
    Ninja license
    “You see, the medicine will become the poison.”
    The Return of Glass-Steagall?

the main page will display as: (elitetrader.com/vb page will also have such color coding)

Best trading system
    Using a hedge instead of a stop
    Ninja license
    “You see, the medicine will become the poison.”
    The Return of Glass-Steagall?

3. gmst

gmst

Such an improvement will allow a user to quickly get to the content he wants to read. What say guys and Baron :) ???

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I like that idea, I must say. The font colors will need to be tweaked quite a bit though, as light blue for light green are barely readable on a light background.

5. How about voting on posts and threads, with a scoreboard showing the Top X posts...

I know some of the major forum software packages have this feature built-in....

6. gmst

gmst

Its cool that the idea has impressed the ET Lord! :)

I choose those colors just to explain my idea. Please feel free to modify those colors as your deem fit. I hope we are going to see this in production soon.

7. TGregg

TGregg

Make light green the lowest rating. :)

8. Sounds Gay

9. I would rather that the forum with would be fixed when someone uploads a large chart. The text portion for all posts should max out at 1024 pixels wide.

One can scan to the right for the large chart, but having to scan the page for each line after someone posts a large chart is a ROYAL pain in the butt!

10. gmst

gmst

so baron, are we going to see this feature?

#10     Aug 24, 2013