Suggested modification to P&R for new members

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by IShopAtPublix, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Because it's entertaining. Do you like entertainment?

#11     Aug 14, 2009
  2. Because, as was mentioned many times on this forum, the current software running on the forum prevents effective banning, making it difficult to keep these trouble makers out.

#12     Aug 14, 2009
  3. Agreed.

#13     Aug 14, 2009
  4. Better yet... since this is supposed to be a website focused on the financial markets, why not simply cancel the P&R forum altogether?

Oh I forgot.

That doesn't jive with Baron's business model and would severely decrease the web "activity"
    on ET - - - no matter how absurd and ridiculous the content of the posts are.

My bad.

#14     Aug 14, 2009
  5. That would imply that other parts of the forum have useful purposes for being there...

Where exactly is that part of ET? Maybe I missed where there's stuff of substance around here.

:D

#15     Aug 14, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Trouble makers being anyone who disagrees with you?
    Already been tried, back when CC and P&R were one combined forum.
    The politics simply spilled over into the other forums.

Oh I forgot, it wont' affect you anyway since you've voluntarily banned yourself from P&R for the rest of the year.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2517130#post2517130

And many of those "absurd and ridiculous"... posts, are yours.

#16     Aug 15, 2009
  7. cstfx

cstfx

How about 50% of one's posts must be on other topics? There are a few trolls who do nothing but roam the P&R section looking for threads to jump on and defend their "guy" and such. Two such trolls has all but maybe 50 of his 1000+ posts solely in the P&R section. Members should be limited to one P&R rant for every contributing post in another topic.

#17     Aug 16, 2009
  8. With all due respect, this thread topic is very strange.

The P&R forum is not for the faint of heart. If you are easily offended, you should stay out of the forum.

Hmmm.........That sounds familiar.

#18     Aug 16, 2009