Suggested Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by maxpower, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

Straight Futures only....Is ninja ok?

Who would you recommend

#21     Mar 30, 2008
  2. You can use historical charts. I would check out the demo.

#22     Mar 30, 2008
  3. They don't have the same functionality as intra-day charts ... that's comparing apples to oranges ...

#23     Mar 30, 2008
  4. amitman

amitman

for backtesting and historical charting - Amibroker
    for intra-day trading - Quotetracker
    for scalping - NinjaTrader

#24     Mar 30, 2008
  5. That's not a bad call actually.

But my psychology is intraday (especially with these extended moves).

#25     Mar 30, 2008
  6. harkm

harkm

I have Metastock EOD and the graphics are very good but use http://amibroker.com for intraday charts. It is much more intuitive than Metastock and and you can use most any data source. I use IQfeed. Try Amibroker, it is VERY good imo.

#26     Mar 30, 2008
  7. another vote for Amibroker + IQFeed

I also use Pinnacle data (with AB) for deep historical data (i.e. 1969 for corn)

#27     Mar 30, 2008
  8. NEWSFLASH

This just in. Quotetracker now has:
    • 20 days on intraday charts for TD AMERITRADE Clients, including backfill
    • multiple symbols on the same chart with dynamic or static anchor points (both intraday and historical charts)
    • ability to edit individual indicator parameters by just double clicking on the indicator legend on the chart
    • right click on the indicator legend on the chart for options like delete indicator, edit parameters, or in the case of extra symbol indicator, to backfill that extra symbol
    LOL, this amount of power makes me feel like I was charting by hand when I first started out! :p

See for yourself ... quotetracker.com

#28     Mar 30, 2008
  9. Goodness, it gets better and better. I asked Jerry if they can implement multiple symbols per chart feature just a month or two ago. I'm sure others have asked too. Their lightning fast response time is just awesome. Too bad MSFT doesnt have these guys under their payroll. Vista would be fixed by now.

#29     Mar 30, 2008
  10. amitman

amitman

If talking about Quotracker their Paintbar feature is just awsome, I don't know how long it is availble but I've just recently discovered it and it totally changed the way I trade, haleping me much.

#30     Mar 30, 2008