Suggested Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by maxpower, Mar 30, 2008.

1. maxpower

I've outgrown the charting capabilities of my current brokerage and am looking for decent real-time charts that aren't too expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. No secret answer here: eSignal, Tradestation seem to be the market leaders here.
  3. Aok

4. I think you'll get many on here who disagree with this statement and this will probably turn into more of a religious debate than anything else. I can say from my personal experience that MetaStock Pro is one of the best charting softwares I have used. I'm sure others will disagree but that is just my opinion. It is limited in that you'll have a hard time automating trades from MetaStock to a broker. If you need that functionality there are other solutions out there. If you are looking for great charting and in highly customizable environment then take a look at MetaStock Pro in your evaluations. Good luck.
  5. I use NeoTicker. :)

Shameless self promotion here.
  6. Lucrum

7. Lucrum

8. yes I've heard MetaStock pro is also good. Seems like he is right it is a religious debate as they are all good.
  9. Pippi436

Im using Neoticker too. It supports quite a few data-vendors/brokers, benefit being if you switch vendor you dont loose all your studies/work.
    #10     Mar 30, 2008