Suggested Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by maxpower, Mar 30, 2008.

1. maxpower

maxpower

I've outgrown the charting capabilities of my current brokerage and am looking for decent real-time charts that aren't too expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

2. No secret answer here: eSignal, Tradestation seem to be the market leaders here.

3. Aok

Aok

4. I think you'll get many on here who disagree with this statement and this will probably turn into more of a religious debate than anything else. I can say from my personal experience that MetaStock Pro is one of the best charting softwares I have used. I'm sure others will disagree but that is just my opinion. It is limited in that you'll have a hard time automating trades from MetaStock to a broker. If you need that functionality there are other solutions out there. If you are looking for great charting and in highly customizable environment then take a look at MetaStock Pro in your evaluations. Good luck.

5. I use NeoTicker. :)

Shameless self promotion here.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

8. yes I've heard MetaStock pro is also good. Seems like he is right it is a religious debate as they are all good.

9. Im using Neoticker too. It supports quite a few data-vendors/brokers, benefit being if you switch vendor you dont loose all your studies/work.

#10     Mar 30, 2008