sugar

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by rogcas, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Shagi

Shagi

Its going to $20. Stay tuned and dont short it like some poor souls busy shorting wheat crying out for help:D :D

#11     Feb 8, 2008
  2. Man I hope it hits twenty, I'd be sitting on a nice profit with those 20 dollar calls I bought!!!

#12     Feb 8, 2008
  3. it just keps going and going and going!!! killing it on those calls i bought

#13     Feb 19, 2008
  4. flumas

flumas

Sugar is on one year low.

I think it is good time for buy call.

What do you think?

#14     Jun 7, 2008
  5. Yeah sugar is deffinantly interesting. Im short some july 10.50 straddles and it is barely touching my downside profit range. Sugar is acting extremely weak but we seem to be holding these support levels around 950. We need a pop tomorrow for me to be extremely compfortable with my straddle (expires next week). I see us chopping for a while between 11-9. It just doesn't seem like sugar has the balls to go higher or lower so it will probably just chop.

Also funds have a ton of open interest in july and they have very little time to get it down to spot spec limits so that is pressuring july also because I think they are mostly long open interest positions (can't imagine why they didn't cover when it started to fall through the floor?).

Thoughts?

#15     Jun 7, 2008
  6. when oil is roaring like this fuel alternatives become much much more appealing. Sugar follows oil, id get long some cheap lottery pick calls

#16     Jun 7, 2008
  7. flumas

flumas

I buy call two days ago and today I earn a lot. I think it is a start of way up. I don't know when sell it. 12? or 15? or higher.

Yours opinion?

#17     Jun 11, 2008
  8. what month and strike did you buy?

#18     Jun 11, 2008
  9. interesting. wonder how far I can go out and still find liquidity.

#19     Jun 11, 2008
  10. I'm cheap, so I like call spreads b/c I hate paying up for time value. The problem though is that the delta on the spreads is low and usually have to wait til close to expiration to monetize gain; and by then, trend could have reversed etc.

So my initial idea is buying call spreads but have no idea what would be an executable strike(s) in say 1 year SBN9 options.

#20     Jun 11, 2008