Sugar No. 11

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by circadian, Jul 23, 2009.

1. thanks finally something useful on ET

#11     Jul 23, 2009
  2. wait do you guys ever look at fundamentals.... you know why it has been going up right? Its not a couple of dumb buyers.

I'm thinking of buying it but probably should have last week. We might run out and el nino isn't helping for production... well it is helping the price run up.

I still don't understand how technical people make money.

#12     Jul 30, 2009
  3. lol. bad mr. Frosty technical peopel make money and traders make money buy actually buying and selling and looking FORWARD not back!!!!!!!!!!!! You said .. i shoudl hav ebought it last week.. LOl when you build a time machine you will maybe then make money but my guess is that even if you knew 100 % what was going to happen that you would be on the sidelines..
    LOL..
    p.s. is your name mr. frost because in the winter you cannot afford your heating bill?

shoulda woulda coulda.. never makes you a freakin dime..

#13     Jul 30, 2009
  4. huh I said I'm looking to buy just wish I'd pulled the trigger last week.... Its good to stop looking for magical patterns in charts and read the news every once and a while. Supply and Demand can sometimes matter. Just trying to help out.

#14     Jul 31, 2009
  5. I couldn't agree with you more. The real question is "When will the futures price fully reflect the supply shortage?" 11 has rallied approx 65% since last fall, and that's some serious movement.

As for the magical chart patterns, the only thing that I'm eyeballing is the parabolic nature of this move, and these parabolic moves end in the same manner. Not to mention the overhead resistance at 19.50-20.00. I'm sure the Indian government would love to liquidate some large amounts of their stored buffer crop at that price, wouldn't you?

• sug.png
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
    #15     Jul 31, 2009
  6. Coolio

Coolio

Looks like the ride down will be just as fun.

#16     Aug 1, 2009
  7. Concur.:D

#17     Aug 4, 2009
  8. #18     Aug 4, 2009
  9. sugar hit 44 cents in the early 80's !!!!!!!
    maybe we should all ride the parabola... lol..
    i am going to start shorting sugar intraday after strong rallies exiting by the end of day

#19     Aug 6, 2009
  10. I'll be watching for a bearish reversal setup on the 1-2 hour time frames. I might be watching for the next year, LOL! I sure hope not. When prices hit the vertical ramp mode, it's only a matter of "when", not "if". It's on my sceens.

#20     Aug 7, 2009