Sugar Explosion

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Shagi, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Shagi

Shagi

Cattle -mmmm

In em meats - Lean hogs is the market of the time -

In em softs - OJ is the market of the time-

Sugar well there goes another ficticious dollar rally but then its another shake-out. The position direction is still correct - lets see what happens a between now and WASDE

#31     Dec 6, 2009
  2. Shagi

Shagi

Hogs - but a bit extended on the long side

• hog.png
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Views:
    #32     Dec 6, 2009
  3. #33     Dec 9, 2009
  4. Help what?? If I understood the plan, this particular plantation will be quadrupling it's European exports in the coming years. Increase in supply, holding demand static (or even decreasing it) won't buoy prices. The dollar would have to "migrate south" alot to override this. I guess we'll see how firm demand is come tomorrow's report.

#34     Dec 9, 2009
  5. Shagi

Shagi

Today confirms trade direction - dollar is up strong and so is SB-enjoy:D

#35     Dec 10, 2009
  6. A literal sugar explosion. I got stopped out with a modest gain from an early december short position. I guess Chuck Norris went on a sweets binge on Thursday & Friday. SB=good times.

#36     Dec 13, 2009
  7. Shagi

Shagi

Well its one of those things its the cost of the business getting stopped out - I initially got stopped out on the Dubai Fiasco day but then it was an opportunity to re-enter lower and got some cheap sugar - Now Im just gonna sit on it

• sb.png
      File size:
      72.7 KB
      Views:
    #37     Dec 13, 2009
  8. I have a question about this sugar market if I may please?

Why do the January & February months (with all but no volume, interest) settle out the day at exactly the same change from the previous day as the March contract?

Just curious, thanks. :)

#38     Dec 13, 2009
  9. Nice call on this market, I'm impressed, what tipped you off about this?

#39     Dec 14, 2009
  10. It could only be one thing....Murrey Maths. :p

#40     Dec 14, 2009