Sugar daddies paying for college degrees

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, May 2, 2013.

1. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

Men usually want to date younger. For these guys, they probably don't have to spend all that much on dating women their age if they want to, until they get married. Then your checking account is a one-way ATM.

#21     May 2, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've never really understood why prostitution was illegal to begin with.

MANY male female relationships are in fact based on an exchange of money for sex anyway.

I married almost 10 years younger than myself BTW.

#22     May 2, 2013
  3. I am actually in agreement with Lucrum about decriminalizing prostitution.

I married 20 years younger, but she's a genius and we are uncannily similar in many ways. - ---

surf :)

#23     May 2, 2013
  4. You guys kill me...I thought traders see things for the reality that is there, not what you want to see...

As an older guy that can still pull young chicks, I have to ask....

FOR MOST 40+ YEAR OLD GUYS, WTF DOES A 20 YEAR OLD WANT WITH YOU??

When you were 20, you wanted a 40 year old woman?

Women are pretty much the same, they only go after young buff guys for sex. You want a young babe, you are either young and hot or you're offering something.

#24     May 2, 2013
  5. Lots of rich guys have a very difficult time getting past the first date. I know a guy who is worth millions and he is soooo honest women can't stand him--

Lots of average guys who can relate to certain types of women have their choice of dozens without the money.

It's all personality and game. Money only has a small part to do with it--- it's more how you spend/ manage/goals/ dreams that sell you in her eyes.

#25     May 2, 2013
  6. Some young women simply like and are attracted to older men. Dats a fact.

#26     May 2, 2013
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

"Sugar daddies paying for college degrees"

Maybe this explains why there are now more chicks than guys in college. :D

#27     May 2, 2013
  8. addchild

addchild

Sounds like optionality to me, good for them.

#28     May 3, 2013
  9. I did not say that wealthy individuals do not have these qualities. Quite an assumption on your part

#29     May 3, 2013
  10. It's good that you at least acknowledge that money plays a part, though I am uncertain that it is only a small part.

The world is replete with examples of wonderful people of high intellect who never fulfilled their potential for a variety of reasons.

Say you are the same intelligent, charming, witty, etc, etc, individual, but somehow fell on hard times. Presented with a choice of being homeless or taking up work as a garbage collector, you chose the latter. Can you honestly say your wife would still have married you had you met her under those circumstances?

I'm not picking on you or your wife. A long time ago I mused on this with regard to all the women I ever had even a slightly meaningful relationship with. I asked myself a simple question, had I been a taxi driver who picked them up (as a fare) and had a splendid conversation on the journey, could that have been the start of the relationship? Sadly, I came to the conclusion that it would have been highly unlikely.

Yup, I had all the qualities they were looking for, and that included the money. Not rich mind, but stable with good prospects and women do like stable to begin with. As I got older and the prospects were realised, it became easier to attract women. Of course initially my ego led me to believe it was because I was wiser, more relaxed, more worldly. Perhaps it was all those, but the money certainly didn't hurt. Old and rich often trumps young and broke. Not always, but often enough.

#30     May 3, 2013