Sugar daddies paying for college degrees

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, May 2, 2013.

1. prc....

May be because at the moment I am trying to understand human psychology...
    what are the psychological impacts/consequences of sugar daddying?

I mean in most things, there is a cost for a given benefit.

#11     May 2, 2013
  2. luisHK

luisHK

Look, the "love someone for what he is" especially opposed to love him for money is pretty puerile. If one has invested quite a bit of his time and energy to making money, money is probably important to him and represent a significant part of him.

A woman not interested in money would have little to do with me to begin with.

Some people are apparently not driven by money and end up with others of the same breed, that's perfectly fine, but others do and they also tend to end up among each others (not particulary talking about hookers and sugar daddys here)

Than you have many many people (men and women) who are attracted to money but can't manage to get a decent mating, in which case it's better to claim one is loved for himself rather than notice one's other half is too much a loser to get a decent mate.

#12     May 2, 2013
  3. In the old days there was "Lie back and think of England".

I'm sure there is a latter day equivalent.

#13     May 2, 2013
  4. As traders, hopefully, most are very very very interested in money.
    Regarding your particular case - I am assuming you are not a repulsive individual - why would a woman not be interested in the facts that:
    - you are a risk taker - aka courageous- as shown by your choice of trading?
    - you are a good risk taker - I assume good risk trading is part of trading
    ... what is to say that your money does not carry a message about your intrinsic qualities?

Also, I do not see what is wrong for people to have it all.
    Why should people not be in a relationship where money and real love are ther?

#14     May 2, 2013
  5. What I am really wondering, why not be someone and enjoy the whole lot?
    Why not be in a situation where one is really delighted to thiink of the moment , and not of England?

#15     May 2, 2013
  6. luisHK

luisHK

The notion of real love is dodgy, but for more or less what you mean, that's what wedding is for (I would add kids in the equation ).

Mistresses/hos have a different function.

if you're interested in the topic of minor wives in Asia, you can look it up - relationships get more subtle than with a basic mistress.

#16     May 2, 2013
  7. there are minor wives in many continents actually.

What I am trying to find , is :
    - are these phenomenas Healthy or not?
    - what are the psychological impacts on all involved in these arrangements ?
    - what are the facts.

I consider that relationships have a huge impact on the core of a person.

Now, I should just say, I am back from a couple 30th wedding anniversary.
    And , as the couple got drunk, we were able to get really some true answers to some questions.
    I am now realising that, like in trading , in love only 3% are winners.
    Now, I would really have the secret of these 3%.
    And obviously, I want to understand the 97%, so as to see what mistakes not to make.

#17     May 2, 2013

8. The secret is mutual intellectual respect. Love built on mutual respect is key for longevity-- if you marry because you think your wife is "hot" and dont' respect her mind-- the relationship is sure to fail-- it goes the other way also. surf

#18     May 2, 2013
  9. Coping with the psychological impact of sugar daddying.

As for broader aspects of relationships in general, it is almost a cliche that women describe the ideal man as being 'warm, kind, having a great sense of humour'. Somehow the less affluent who possess these qualities don't have to fight off hordes of women intent on marrying them. Guess they lack the secret sauce.

#19     May 2, 2013
  10. very true

Isn't this a false belief to believe wealthy individuals do not have these qualities. It is a bit similar to the false belief that any rich person is a bad person, when there are actually plenty of wealthy people who are very good people.

#20     May 2, 2013