Suddenly a bear again?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by scriabinop23, Dec 11, 2007.

1. This FED is governed by a bunch of "Academics" that have never dealt with a RECESSION before. Hardly any of these Fed Gov. Members were around 5 years ago during the last "R".
    They come to their policy via a CONSENSUS ( following the market down ), rather
    than leading with execution.

No coupon passes, no bill passes . . . just repos which are temporary.

Asleep at the Wheel.

#11     Dec 11, 2007
  2. Those numbers are so far removed from what is going on RIGHT NOW, to even quote them as being significant at this point and time is totally absurd.

Get real.

#12     Dec 11, 2007

3. hey i always wondered... are you don landis of avsforum fame?

#13     Dec 11, 2007
  4. Those numbers were from last month! Is that so far from what is going on right now? Did things get suddenly worse in December compared to November? I would argue the opposite.

#14     Dec 11, 2007

5. think about all the out of work mortgage, real estate agents, and construction guys who are all either self employed or independent contractors. they never showed up in employment figures anyway, so one could argue their forced career changes may result in higher employment rates (assuming they go w2).

corporate defaults and high jobless (via W2) rates occur in recessions. we're not in one yet.

#15     Dec 11, 2007
  6. Hmm. You claim I have an "irresponsible ass" and that I'm wanting the Fed to bail out me and who knows who else. You are a dumb son of a bitch and a stupid fucking blowhard as well as a typical example of why I hardly ever post here anymore.

#16     Dec 11, 2007