sudden volume, drop on SPY now

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noob_trad3r, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The Greek rumors of ECB involvement were denied by the ECB.

Doesn't matter. It's all going to blow up eventually in any regard. The problem with Greece isn't liquidity based. It's solvency, and nothing proposed anywhere solves that.

#11     Feb 8, 2012
  2. Love these little phrases that pop up now and then - "trifecta of stupidity".

Current market in consolidation phase. Low volume yesterday and today support this.

Market could go either way. Slight up bias.

Whether priced in or not, Greece is there.

Wonder if the folks in Greece have figured out they can swing world markets by what they do.

Interesting scenario - Greece takes on some big positions and scripts the news to win. Default problem solved.

#12     Feb 8, 2012
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Just rechecked IBM and AAPL. Intraday selling stopped at a new "higher low" and buying started again. Still looks bullish to me.

If a market drop is in the cards, as many believe it is, what sectors and companies will lead that move ? This important detail always seems to be ignored. Its just blind statements that the index will go down. Not how the real world works.

#13     Feb 8, 2012
  4. Last time I checked, you can trade Equity Index ETFs or Futures. No need for stock picking. ;-)

#14     Feb 8, 2012
  5. lwlee

lwlee

What a bitch, huh? No news but big spike. Markets are f*cking wit ya.

#15     Feb 8, 2012
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Markets are now up and AAPL's breaking out to new highs.
    Tell us again about the sudden drop in SPY ?

#16     Feb 8, 2012
  7. SPY hitting 135.00 I should start selling this market...that is what my Chicago contacts have told me to wait for.......hmmmm? We will see! :)

#17     Feb 8, 2012
  8. Go and check the consolidated tape and see how things are doing.

#18     Feb 10, 2012
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You should do this because obviously you lack the experience to understand what I posted on this thread.

Start with this. Write down the price of SPX, AAPL, and IBM at the time you started this thread. Now, write down their current price at close today. Express the change in price as a percentage.

These percentages should help clear things up for you.

I didn't look up the SPX volumes but if there was a sudden spike in volume in SPX on any day this week please express this as a percentage greater then the average daily volume in SPX.

#19     Feb 10, 2012