Sudden vanishing of sports due to coronavirus will cost at least $12 billion, analysis says

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wrbtrader, Sep 13, 2020.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

I think it is here to stay and will be like another influenza virus. I think they will only be able to treat it like the flu and have to continually work on vaccines. The future may be a case of getting your annual Coronavirus jab for the winter.

#31     Sep 14, 2020
    wrbtrader likes this.
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

If your at risk maybe, there is a chance it'll be a 2nd hasn't happened yet mind, it'll affect less people badly 2nd time around as its took out all those that are badly effected round 1, so less deaths yearly than Flu even without a vaccine.

#32     Sep 14, 2020
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

It is a virus, viruses mutate. It will likely stay around like the flu indefinitely.

#33     Sep 14, 2020
    wrbtrader likes this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Not likely, but maybe 50/50 at worse ( not a stupid person's yes or no therefore 50/50 )

But we'll build some immunity so Covid 19 2021 won't be as bad as 2019 which wasn't really that bad, didn't get near cancer for yearly death rates, but higher than being eaten by a lion while eating a donar kebab therefore terrible.

If they spent this kinda money on Cancer they'd of cured it already and saved millions of lives every year, maybe if they put some kinda chip into us that would diagnose the cancer early on ( Track us ) , then they'd do it but not enough fear over cancer even if it does kill many more people year after year in horrible slow ways with long lasting side effects if you survive, sorry no money to be made not PC so back to ignoring Cancer!

Fear Cancer,. not Covid!!!

#34     Sep 14, 2020
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

At the start of the Pandemic...this is exactly what I've been stating. I went on to say that I wouldn't be surprise that there be some sort'uv of a government mandate for certain people to perform their job or be eligible to do certain events.

On that list I named as examples were Airlines checking vaccination cards for those that want to fly anywhere, frontline workers (e.g. hospitals, clinics, nursing homes), restaurants and college / professional sport athletes.

People thought I was crazy but now look at what has happen...lockdowns, lockdown lite, global research labs trying to find therapeutic drugs / vaccines, countries / cities now threatening to fine or arrest those refusing to wear a face mask inside public places and many other odd things that's pointing to a "government mandate".

Those that refuse will not be able to go inside sport stadiums to cheer their sports teams nor will athletes be allowed to compete.

This is also the reason why I think Coronavirus will have a longer lastiing impact on the Economy of Sports that's dependent upon the fans reaction and the athletes reaction to being require to take a vaccine.

Years ago when Measles and Chicken Pox was a problem...children that competed in sports were require to have been vaccinated but in those days only 10% of the global population were against vaccination.
    • Today, that anti-vaccine population has grown to about 2/3 of the global population.
    Simply, the impact of Coronavirus on the Economy of Sports is just the beginning and things can get more messy even after a vaccine is discovered especially if there's a safety issue with a vaccine and it ends the career of an Athletes...

Billion dollar lawsuits about Coronavirus Vaccination may be a new industry.
    • Maybe its time to go back to college and get another degree...a law degree and then specialize in vaccination law and working exclusively with College / Professional Athletes as clients. :rolleyes:
    wrbtrader

#35     Sep 14, 2020
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

Looks like you got it right. I didn't think it would be as bad as it has been. Thankfully in terms of macroeconomic work I had prepared for such a scenario, which is what I am releasing to Treasuries around the world at the moment. I might do a thread with some of the work I have released to try to incite confidence back into the economy, which is part of what I have offered the Treasuries.

#36     Sep 14, 2020
    wrbtrader likes this.
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

They want to trash the economy why? Back handers, new world order, give up on that :(

#37     Sep 14, 2020
  8. morganist

morganist Guest

I have been successful with my work in the United Kingdom and have shared it with Treasuries around the world. My hope is the optimisation of pension systems around the world and the technique I have developed Pension Fund Easing, which has been previously neglected could generate 2 to 4 % economic growth on top the existing amount per annum to outgrow the government debt and provide sufficient stimulus to prevent a global depression from the Coronavirus.

#38     Sep 14, 2020
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Your not getting it, there is / was no NEED to do lockdowns or any of this, that's what the data and stat's say, so if you think there interested in saving it, after all this hard work destroying it, your sadly mistaken.

It's saves pretty much nobody, killed loads and put millions more out of work.

Shooting would be too good for them!

#39     Sep 14, 2020
  10. bone

bone

NCAA football is back with the notable exceptions being the Big Ten and PAC 12 conferences. The NFL professional league has been managing COVID fine to date and the first games have already been played. The Big Ten will have a re-vote and the indications are that the Big Ten will start in October.

#40     Sep 14, 2020