Suckers Rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by FaderTrader, Apr 28, 2006.

1. if u really think da bull mkt is over u kiddin' uself...with this qt stellar reports'n'67% of spoo companies beatin' by a mile u can't expect da mkt on qt to come to have such a terrible time all of da sudden...earnings cud begin to slow down but it will take several qts for earnings pace to have a substantial decline...as u said we in a low vols enviroment'n'violent events are out of da question for some time to come.

enjoy been killed once again on u puts.

#61     May 7, 2006
  2. I am no market expert but when I look at the individual stocks that make up the DOW I do not see significant strength. A few stocks (BA, CAT, HON, JNJ?, JPM?, MMM, MO, PG, UTX, XOM) are showing strength, yet the way the index is moving you would think that the entire 30 stocks were in strong uptrends. It seems that the strength of the DOW is just a factor of the relative weight of the individual components.

Having said that, there is no doubt that this index is in an uptrend, and since the entire market has been conditioned to watch this silly 30 stock index and react to it, it will pull other stocks along with it and possibly continue this uptrend.

Bottom line is, no matter what one feels about whether this is a top or not, from a trading point of view you will probably be better off trading from the long side, but keep a careful eye on those stops.

Echo

#62     May 7, 2006
  3. 1000

This is an inflation driven rally giving negative returns since Feb06, because of dollar weakness (-5%) and inflation (+0.5%). So unless anything made over 5.5%, it is negative. And the negativity will remain even if the indices move higher as inflation will do the same, dollar will weaken and interest rates will continue to go up.

#63     May 7, 2006
  4. excellent, dollar weak spour spendin'...consumers buy'n'stocks go up...infla high[?] good, growth still strong...stocks go up...enjoy

#64     May 7, 2006
  5. bgp

bgp

too many genius's. i like all you bulls . you'll be bullish when its dropping too. it's gonna come back???? right ?? it will never end??

#65     May 7, 2006

6. it always came back'n'it might end but not now'n'any time soon...i like u bears too; u all looozers keep fundin' our accts'n'i thx u for that.

#66     May 7, 2006
  7. duard

duard

Yes but when the last bear throws in the towel and buys then the market has topped and I'm buyin' em' tomorrow....

:eek:

#67     May 7, 2006