Suckers Rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by FaderTrader, Apr 28, 2006.

1. This rally lacked the proper volume.... expect the gap to be filled next week!

#51     May 5, 2006
  2. volente_00

volente_00

And the suckers are the shorts.

#52     May 6, 2006
  3. You guys talk on here like shorts just let negative P/L run. The reason this week was even possible was because they covered.

How many do you think got back in at the close on Friday? My bet is many of them.

#53     May 6, 2006
  4. n' they'll be crashed again by another massive wave of buyin', innit[?]

#54     May 6, 2006
  5. i have never heard such amazing, cognitive-dissonance inspired, rants as those from the eternal bears to explain away the bull market.

EVERY SINGLE BULL MARKET has been fueled, in part by short covering, and margin calls. That doesn't make the bull run invalid. That is a fundamental aspect OF bull markets. Shorts help fuel the bull market. When and if all the shorts and bears BECOME longs, that is when the top is near. As long as morons keep trying to pick a top, vs. buying the pullbacks, the bull market shows no signs of stopping.

This can change any day, but the market can only have ONE top. It can have (and has had) many pullbacks. that is why, at least for those with a longer term timeframe, it is MUCH more profitable to buy pullbacks instead of trying to pick the top.

Intraday, it's another story of course. In that case, I play what the order flow says to play

#55     May 6, 2006
  6. shorts still hoping to get back to breakeven.... adding all the way up since the year 2002...

I love 100% up room to go $$$

how can you keep shorting this with real money??
    BWAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAA

#56     May 7, 2006
  7. this fellah was telling me about a game he played as a kid called 'every other' where you either kiss or pee on every other bum you pass on an nyc street. i'm betting eqt is a true peon. am i right eqt? how does it feel to be a piece of human spam

are you sure 'bwahaha' is an adequate description your emotion? really think it out matt

#57     May 7, 2006
  8. "Sucker rally"? Who's the sucker now? The dow is about to challenge the all time high. I guess that means anyone who is short is under water.

#58     May 7, 2006
  9. yes.. I played that game in NYC and ended up running out of bums... so I moved out of the state...

#59     May 7, 2006
  10. duard

duard

We've been in a low volatility stair-stepping pattern higher for 3 years now. Shorts forced to rebuy albeit with small penalties as the market slowly ratchets higher. It's not like the domestic equities have gone parabolic like the metals or foreign equities market. So the question remains can we continue to climb higher without a significant correction? If we do correct will it mark the beginning of a new bear market? The longer a trend and the more gradual the ascent the greater the significance a break of trend becomes. So, if we break it may in fact be the end of the uptrend as we know it. The summer is approaching rapidly and if there ever was a time for a break June through September would be the time. It could come sooner as May is a fence sitter month and after the spike up into new highs and after hovering there for a bit all we need is a trigger to retrace and pick-up momentum to the downside as summer begins.

JMHO

#60     May 7, 2006