Sucker plays

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sucker, Oct 20, 2002.

1. I cannot successfully discretionary trade. I only make money trading my mechanical systems. They force me to do right. Otherwise, I am lost.

m

#31     Apr 10, 2004
  2. Rinse and Repeat ..... 100 times :)

EXCELLENT ADVISE CUTTEN .......

The hardest part is finding this and then staying flexable as market conditions call for it.

Trading is a process not a destination :cool:

#32     Apr 10, 2004
  3. Yes. And so what?

#33     Apr 10, 2004
  4. Cheese

Cheese

Hi Sucker, be a sucker no more.

Markets don't really offer edges. (Of course if you say YOU have an edge and you make money from it, fine.)
    The thing is the market is the market. Know it.

If you just look at the DOW (ie index futures) and its gyrations usually day after day its really smacking you hard around the chops and saying
    "Hey I'm zero sum game. Play me and make yourself rich."

Short answer. Research. Data assembly. Analysis. Trading model.
    Go.

#34     Apr 10, 2004
  5. What I mean: What's wrong with trading a (winning) system?

#35     Apr 10, 2004
  6. Please state your handle, proclaim you are a SUCKER, then give us your sad story and what you plan on doing about it.

This is gonna be a great learning thread!

You can learn as much or more from the Losers than from the Winners.

:p

#36     Apr 10, 2004
  7. GSCO

GSCO

The sad part is that you know this already. You hear the same shit everytime. Every book ever written on trading has the same psychological reasons for losing money.

not true. You can tell a 'sucker' over and over what they are doing wrong and they still end up doing it.

And the people who constantly lose, subconciously know when they are doing the wrong thing, but in the end they don't care enough, and are just too greedy or scared to do the right thing.

The people who get it can keep their greed just one level below their intelligance.

The people who don't always let their greed get out of hand. Even if they said they weren't going to.

good luck

#37     Apr 10, 2004

8. Until you realize that YOU ARE GIVING YOUR MONEY ("they" are not taking it!) there is no hope for you.

I suggest you read "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglass

#38     Apr 10, 2004
  9. you all are crazy fools sucker has not been on in over a year. sucker was a beaten man but i will cherish his post. i think i am going shopping next weekend with somebodys money here but who's will it be?

#39     Apr 10, 2004

10. won't be mine 'cause I won't give you any :p

Peace,

Paul

#40     Apr 10, 2004