Such low volume on Eurex ?!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by fluttrader, Apr 4, 2008.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Do you mind explaining it? For example why are euro stox or dax bullshit contracts?

#11     Apr 4, 2008
  2. Don't mind at all.

Any contracts that can offer the opportunity for some French guy to buy so many undetected then cause the almost worldwide meltdown of the Stock Markets and a panic rate-cut by the Fed are total bullshit.

Notice you didn't even bother to defend Bund,Bobl or Schatz but to be honest I don't see how anyone could,I mean,what sort of a contract runs a 170 tick stop/market order with combination of stops for absolutely no reason.

#12     Apr 4, 2008
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Still not following why it is bullshit. I never traded bonds so that is why I did not mention them.

I day trade DAX, and used to trade euro stoxx a while back. I find DAX to be a great contract. So Eurex let SocGen guy buy a lot, do not see why this is such a problem. It could have happened on almost any exchange, unless there is a a limit of how much open interests one institution can hold, but it would not be bullet proof either.

As far as 170 tick run, I am sure there was a reason, though it might not be visible to people like us.

#13     Apr 4, 2008
  4. RedDuke,

What is that about that 170 tick run stop ?

#14     Apr 4, 2008
  5. I'm assuming by saying you used to trade ESX a while back you mean you now don't,so I'm further assuming it didn't become worth it financially to continue in there otherwise you'd still be trading it.This is what I find common with the contracts they offer,people keep changing from one to the other thinking they've finally found the one for them until it dawns on them that it isn't.

With regards to saying the SocGen affair could have happened on any Exchange,this is hypothetical,the facts are that it did happen on Eurex,specifically in ESX and DAX,and saying you don't see a problem is bizarre.

The reason for the 170 tick run is simple,somebody made a right fuck-up on the mouse.That is why it recovered straight away to the levels before the order and then squeezed.They no way meant to do it.I imagine they tried to get the trades busted.

And it's all these sorts of things that are putting people off,which was why I posted on this thread about low volumes,a 10,000 lot spoofer in the Schatz who has caused someone to complain on just about every trading forum,hundreds of programmes which they actively encourage,no locals wanted the Bobl half-tick but they did it anyway and now it really is a joke contract,I mean NFP day and it can't even do half a million lots.

If you like trading Eurex products then fine,I'm always pleased to hear if someone can trade any contracts and do well but please don't try and sweep these issues under the carpet like they're not important.

#15     Apr 4, 2008
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

No clue since I do not follow bonds.

#16     Apr 4, 2008
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

FESX is a good and very liquid contract, but it does not move enough intra day for my liking, where DAX does, and that is why I trade DAX.

As far as switching of the products goes, it has nothing to do with Eurex. I know handful of people who went through several contracts before they found what suits them and that took place on Globex.

Wasn't 1/2 tick reduction on Schatz done to combat flipper - Paul Rotter? At least, this is the rumor I have heard.

I do not see any particular issues on Eurex that would put people off when compared to other derivatives Exchanges. They are pretty much similar.

#17     Apr 4, 2008
  8. Iceburrg

Iceburrg

Bull$H!T contracts or not.... I'll trade pretty much any contract that makes me money $$. If I could trade POOP futures with an edge and make money.. better believe I would :D !! I'm in this market to make money ... not validate the quality of the contract. If I was into trading quality, I would trade exotic cars...hmmm... sounds like a fun idea if I make enough money off these Bull$#!T contracts. :cool:

ICE

#18     Apr 4, 2008
  9. I hear Eurex are looking into launching this product.

You should think about applying to be the market-maker.

#19     Apr 4, 2008
  10. I was talking about 1/2 tick reduction in Bobl actually.But now you come to mention it wasn't the flipper a great addition to the trading community?Trading the order-book with a nice plan - fuck the locals and root out stops,cause mayhem amongst anyone trading intra-contract spreads.On what Exchange did he flourish?That's right,on Eurex.People were complaining about him for years and he cost a lot of people a lot of money.

#20     Apr 5, 2008