Successful Trading - Advice and Guidance

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by downrivertrader, Aug 16, 2006.

1. What a complete load of crap.

Forex is a scam. Those of us here for more than a few hours have figured it out...

Nice little bit of spam though..congrats on that...

and now back to the "successful trading advice"

Steve

#51     Aug 19, 2006
  2. I read thru your posts and found the book you recommended by Napoleon Hill. I am confident it is going to bring me the succcess I have felt capable of.
    After reading the first couple of chapters I wrote my Definiteness of Purpose using the example he provides.

After I wrote my Definiteness of Purpose I feel a weight has been lifted. I have faith! I have confidence that with a purpose comes 100% control of my faculties(emotions, etc).

I am able to make a living as a trader. However, in the past mental road blocks have kept me from being consistent.

"My faith is so strong that I can see this money before my eyes. I can touch it with my hands. It is now awaiting transfer to me at the time, and in the proportion that I deliver the service I intend to render in return for it. I am awaiting a plan by which to accumulate this money, and I will follow that plan, when it is received." Quote from p. 52, Chapter 4 Autosuggestion, author Napoleon Hill, Title-- Think and Grow Rich.

#52     Aug 20, 2006
  3. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

Steve, this is the second time I've read your opinion on this. I don't know jack about Forex. I bought a book on it and was going to read about it just because there's so much hoopla about it and I thought I was missing out on something. I'm already uncomfortable with the concept of speculating on currencies, but could you please tell me why you think it's a scam?

Chuck

#53     Aug 20, 2006
  4. Brand68

Brand68

Thanks for the information,I'm new to the site and I was just trying to help,NOT spam anything!!!

#54     Aug 20, 2006
  5. Personally I hate the lack of a level 2 screen... I need to know how many contract I can buy at a price without moving it... or how many prices I´ll have to eat if I was to take out my whole position at once.

#55     Aug 20, 2006
  6. Neodude

Neodude

I think he is trying to say that trading currencies through a bucketshop is a scam, by this I mean the current popular spot currency dealers/brokers. If you trade currency futures on an exchange (ie. CME) you will have a much higher probability of not getting cheated on execution, having fake spikes in the data feed to trigger your stops and being put on manual execution to prevent you from making money.

Cheers,
    Neo

PS. Don't believe the no commission crap, its built into the spread.

#56     Aug 20, 2006
  7. First I would direct you to do your own research....I have MY opinion based on MY research....Do at least some of your own...

I don't like the lack of regulation, the spreads, the requotes, and the games the so-called brokers play with the clients. Many of these "brokers" will not allow you to trade short term or scalp..Its a scam....

If you want to trade currencies, trade on the exchanges.

Basically I agree with Neo.

Steve

#57     Aug 20, 2006
  8. You really think so? From someone who has been there, and learnt the hard way - I dont think so. Skilful action is what it takes - and action and knowledge have very little in common. Did Branson become the richest man in England by knowing more? No - he believed, had a value of fun, and took massive action. Did the guy next door to you end up with more money than you because he knew more? No - the guy next to me ended up with more money as he focused on it instead of focusing on travelling and learning.

#58     Aug 22, 2006
  9. jimmy jam

Are you related to JimBob? How about to BUBBA?

sorry, i could not resist. :D

#59     Aug 22, 2006
  10. Focus on one market. Learn it inside out. When value presents itself, take the risk. Focus on one instrument/market.

Simplify your trading to maximize profit.

DRT

#60     Sep 12, 2006