Successful Trading - Advice and Guidance

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by downrivertrader, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Well I would've honeslty thought you had the ability to come up with your own ideas/comebacks given how "intelligent" you sound. But, then again, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. Let me apologize for that.

Look Jam, I didn't intend to get into a pissing match with you. I have little to piss over, let alone someone like you. My attempt was aimed at starting a serious trading related dicsussion regarding a generalized statement YOU were not very clear with. However, now I realize your goal is far different than mine and you actually have nothing to offer; my dearest apologies for getting in your way.

Get a life.

Mike

#41     Aug 19, 2006
  2. Look Mick.

You want to start a serious discussion over intangibles that you missed on the first go around, so you want me to explain them to you.

That's missing the point.

It is in figuring out what they are talking about that a trader makes the leaps in understanding that are required for greater profitability.

It is because of the slow-mo's such as yourself that:

a) Cheese makes the remarks that he does, if someone is too dense to undertstand what he is talking about (over and over again, I might add), what's the point?

b) Steve46 explains his method in plain and simple english, (to no avail), as it slides in one ear and out the other.

c) My Mini made his point (of showing how consistency leads to profitability), made his loot and went on with his business.

As it is clear that you don't have anything to tell me, (certainly not about trading, and probably not about much elese) there is no point in replying.

JJ

P.S. My post was crystal clear to anyone with the ability to understand it, it comes as no surprise that you don't.

#42     Aug 19, 2006
  3. You´re right, as long as you look at it in relative terms, hitting average * profit/loss ratio... not in absolute terms... 100k = a lot of money... {$2 at the SP with 200 contracts... }

wow! 420 posts... and Im writting at 420am eastern... I should go long on monday... 420 shares at anything that´s worth $4.20... or is it short? was 4.2 my target or my entry point, what if I get the square root of that and multiply it by the 420th number of the fibonnacci sequence, then apply a naturla logarithm and derive the formula to come up with a word... binary, then put in google and it would give you the number of results that make your price target for msft!

#43     Aug 19, 2006
  4. you sure your not smokin some 420 :p....just kidding.

#44     Aug 19, 2006
  5. Jam,

Do you not get it? THIS IS NOT AN EGO MATCH.....

Given your attitude, what are you trying to accomplish?

Do you want to know how I trade? I'll tell it forthright... there are no secrets in what I do. Do you want an account statement?

I asked you a question. Very simple question in fact.

And no, your post was not crystal clear. It was annoying and inflammatory. You epitomize BULLSHIT. Sorry to be harsh but I did not gain anything from what you have to say. You speak like an 8th grade girl who just found out that she can have an orgasm.

YES, I"m calling you out Jam. I believe you are full of shit. Please prove me wrong.

Mike

#45     Aug 19, 2006
  6. I apologize for calling you a slow-mo Mickey.

It's just to me the pearls of wisdom hidden in their writings are extremely obvious. It is up to the individual trader to find them and see how they integrate with their individual style of trading.

If a trader really wanted some advice and guidance on successful trading, it is right there, read and study successful traders.

That's a great place to start, but it's going to finish with them doing a lot of work.

So on that note, that's all I have to write on this particular subject, as I am very busy, and this is getting extremely off topic.

Hopefully someone will be able to apply this information for themselves.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Jam

#46     Aug 19, 2006
  7. Brand68

Brand68

Read : High Probability Trading, by Marcel Link

#47     Aug 19, 2006
  8. Neodude

Neodude

An ok book, but your lack of previous posts makes it look like you are spamming the board and trying to promote the book.

May I suggest other goodies:

"Mastering the Trade" by Carter
    "Methods of a Wallstreeet Master" by Trader Vic
    "The Market Makers Edge" by Lukeman
    "Phantom's Gift" by The Phantom Trader
    "Trading Options to Win" by Johnston
    "The Logical Trader" by Fisher

All of these are decent books, but they are not the holy grail. There are many methods out there to making money and many to lose money. It all comes down to figuring out what works for you.

On a side note, I always thought Fib retracements where a bunch of snakeoil, but a week ago I saw a big energy trader using them. Go figure, just when you think you know something, someone comes along and proves you wrong.

Cheers,
    Neo

#48     Aug 19, 2006
  9. Now this guy knows what he's talking about. I started to use techniques from the Tony Robbins collection I discoverd last year. Then this February I found Think and....., followed by Pysco.....then Change your life in 7 days by Paul Mckenna which encapsulates those two.

Trading is psycology. States of mind, anchoring success which conditions the central nervous system can have a powerful affect on the results of our thoughts and actions.

#49     Aug 19, 2006
  10. Now this guy knows what he's talking about. I started to use techniques from the Tony Robbins collection I discoverd last year. Then this February I found Think and....., followed by Pysco.....then Change your life in 7 days by Paul Mckenna which encapsulates those two.

Trading is psycology. States of mind, anchoring success which conditions the central nervous system can have a powerful effect on the results of our thoughts and actions. Just imagine yourself successfully trading easily and thinking like a real pro repeatedly and the confidence that comes with it. Therefore sending a powerful signal to the subconcious mind which cant distinguish between something that that has happened and something that was vividly imagined.

1) Desire
    2) Faith
    3) Persistance

Shortly after discovering those books and using the techniques every day repeatedly for 3 months, I discovered forex. I can now earn more in a morning than I used to earn in a month or two.

You can have it all, but how much do you want it?

#50     Aug 19, 2006