successful traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ragz, Nov 30, 2005.

1. if you look carefully you can find something below 14 st. for under $2,000 a month

-How much is a decent place to rent in Manhattan? Not a shitbox, but just a nice little place right downtown-

#11     Dec 1, 2005
  2. What other industry did you make "mass money" in?

#12     Dec 1, 2005
  3. gnome

gnome

Gee, I wish you'd talk to my wife.

#13     Dec 1, 2005
  4. Lets say you grossed like a 1m trading?

Couldn't you get at least 8%, essentially risk-free?

#14     Dec 1, 2005
  5. Ebo

Ebo

In order to find a clean apartment for under $2000 in Manhattan, you will need to be resourceful and perhaps pay a fat Real Estate broker's fee.

$2K is the magic "Rent Destabilization" number.

#15     Dec 1, 2005
  6. Come on a few of us on here know your wife and we can all agree it won’t work. :eek: :mad: :D :confused: joking of course

#16     Dec 1, 2005
  7. Do you guys have to pay for your health insurance out of your winnings? And is there and equivalent of a 401k for a trader, like being able to contribute pre-tax earnings?

#17     Dec 1, 2005
  8. Of course you do unless someone is doing it for you.

Isn't that what most profitable traders do...

Pay their bills...live off their income ???

* Mortgage Payment
    * Home and Auto Insurance
    * Tax Accountant Fees
    * Private Medical and Dental Plans
    * Keogh and IRA Plans
    * Investments for Diversity (stocks, real estate, art collections et cetera)
    * Life Insurance (those with a family)
    * Kids College Education Fund
    * Interest Rates has been rising...put more money in the savings account because those rates improve in a rising interest rate enviroment
    * Many other expenses I don't have time to go into.

Those buying fast cars and juggling women...

Must be raking in the big dough or still living at home with the parents. :cool:

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#18     Dec 1, 2005
  9. It is becoming pretty impossible to find a decent 1 bed or above for under $2k in Manhattan. I live in Manhattan, but I bought my apt a couple of years ago, I have seen nice 800 ft apartments renting for $3k / month or so. It may sound strange for people not in NYC, but it is hard to find a decent apartment to buy for < $1M.

There used to be some good deals in midtown-east, or below Houston (Chinatown neighborhood), but even these places have sky rocketed. A friend bought a place on Avenue *D* (alphabet city, yes, where Son of Sam used to commit his murders) for over 1M, it is insane.

#19     Dec 1, 2005