Successful traders keep silent because trading is so simple...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ion, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ion

ion

Arbitrage against underlyings...

#61     Jul 4, 2007
  2. The saddest thing I've read on ET in a while, keep it up.

#62     Jul 4, 2007
  3. "Successful traders keep silent because trading is so simple...", I can't say I agree with this statement because of two reasons. First, I think successful traders want to share but are not up to the punishment they receive for doing so. We humans are taught to share from the time we are small children. It's selfishness we learn as we get older. Lastly, trading is simple but successful trading takes devotion, focus, patience and dedication to a strict plan and very very few traders possess those attributes which are the keys to making this environment profitable.

I wondered into ET a few years ago with my hat in my hand and hopes of helping, in my spare time, whomever I could, better understand why and how price moves in every market. What I offered to individuals was information they could verify on their own. For the most part the mentality was that there was too much effort involved to confirm something so unusual and new so it was easier to ridicule that which was different.

Over the last 3 years I've received a number of nice PM's letting me know that the information I provided lead those individuals to a better clearer understanding of price which, regardless of how it was applied, improved their path to overall profitability.

Over the last few months though I have really limited my posting in here not for any other reason other than I was tired of arguing with the ignorant. I didn't say stupid because I find that there are very few stupid people inquisitive about trading but their are plenty of what I call "ignorant geniuses". Those are individuals whose only experience into trading these markets are from applying the ideas and actions of others and recanting all other ideas as asinine and refusing to even review them. And think any of them will test new ideas on their own . . . they would prefer having their fingernails pulled out. Ignorance is bliss they say. I've always wondered how much money could be made in bliss.

I turned 50 this year and it has always been a goal to retire at this milestone. I'm accomplishing that. You won't be finding me butting heads with marketsurfer anymore or anyone else for that matter. Life is too short an getting shorter each day. I will leave you with a simple thought, "If you don't open up your mind to new possibilities, your probabilities will shrivel and die." Spend some time watching pure price and be amazed.

#63     Jul 4, 2007
    Joe6Pack likes this.
  4. maybe successful traders don't want to talk to people, cos people are noise, and source of confusion.

#64     Jul 4, 2007
  5. if i tell you my strategy you'll be buying stock where i'm buying stock. i don't want you doing that. :mad: :mad:

#65     Jul 4, 2007
  6. Nope, just the most simple-mined and naive.

You probably still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy as well.

Jimmy Jam

#66     Jul 4, 2007
  7. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Actually, you want him buying the moment after.

#67     Jul 4, 2007
  8. Vol

Vol

So you divulge or, better yet, sell your system of 8 and 34 MA crossover when, in fact, your system is a 7 and 33 MA crossover. Nice.

#68     Jul 4, 2007
  9. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

LOL

I guess that's one way of doing it. It seems that any deviation of a successful system that produces an entry (or exit) of one or two bars after the original system executes could conceivably have followers bolstering your position.

#69     Jul 4, 2007
  10. one guy gets ahold of you strategy and you dont know how many more will get it. guys are crowded up at your entry point and your market order gets filled .20c too high.:eek:

#70     Jul 4, 2007