Successful traders keep silent because trading is so simple...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ion, Jul 3, 2007.

1. you are 100% correct. it took me 2.5 years of finding out what doesn't work to find something that consistently does. ironically, its the same method successful pit traders have used for centuries... no devulging here though, i'm afraid.

these days, i only wish volatility would increase. it gets easier with more volatility.

#51     Jul 4, 2007
  2. hardas

hardas

This is the reason why Jack's SCT should be avoided like the plague

#52     Jul 4, 2007
  3. andread

andread

I would say you are right. That's why I don't memorize. I'm not interested. I just want to learn more about the mental processes people use. I don't even look at the book (I can't, I have to work), but I find your posts quite interesting anyway, especially the ENR part.
    I have a question though. You talk about pikers and real buyers. Isn't it in the real buyer's interest to show himself as a piker? People are paid to buy and sell in the quietest way possible. I actually read that big bids and offers are often made just to lure people

You just don't worry about that. That's my problem :)

#53     Jul 4, 2007
  4. You got it all wrong.

Successful traders don't keep silent.

There's a ton of information on these threads, and they keep saying the same thing over and over again.

That's probably because the markets are nothing more than a series of continuous cycles of supply and demand.

The unsuccessful traders just can't figure it out, even when it's explained to them ... several times.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#54     Jul 4, 2007
  5. Agyar

Agyar

Interesting post. You use too wide a brush though. There are many different successful ways to trade. My particular way I could explain to someone in five minutes or less, and it is not only simple but easy to execute. BUT...

I have. A VERY successful one. And his method is pretty complicated. No way he could explain it in five minutes. He spends months with students and most can never duplicate what he does.

#55     Jul 4, 2007
  6. Options are ZSG???

#56     Jul 4, 2007
  7. stupid idiotic post by someone who obviously doesnt know anything about trading.

#57     Jul 4, 2007
  8. "My road to trading success over the past 10 years has been filled with land mines, pot holes, road blocks and misdirecting
    signs."
    "Meaning that I have blown up several accounts, bought many trading systems, subscribed to many alleged Guru's,
    bought countless training materials, spent 10's of thousands
    of dollars and devoted thousands of hours to the pursuit of trading success."
    "So pard me for not giving away the last 10 years of my life."

"And by the way, my trading systems are not simple.
    They are complicated as hell."

#58     Jul 4, 2007
  9. KS96

KS96

They told you the wrong thing.
    It's rather "Buy high, sell higher".

#59     Jul 4, 2007
  10. insert

insert

STOP it people stop is right now

anyone who gives away Blood Tears Sweat, searing flesh

anyone who gives away their 10 years of depression is disrespecting himself and others who "Got" it

Every new trader must get it on their own.

if they get it for free they become worthless humans

#60     Jul 4, 2007