Successful traders keep silent because trading is so simple...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ion, Jul 3, 2007.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Nice.

I quite agree with the initial post of this thread.

My most profitable strategy is one I figured out in my early days, perhaps in the first month I decided to try to daytrade, but just didn't add the hindsight to judge its value. Instead, I preferred to get into such reliable tools as MACD and RSI...

So yes, trading can be simple sometimes but only experience reveals it.

#191     Jul 31, 2007
    beginner66 likes this.

2. LMAO

#192     Oct 2, 2007
  3. I don't mind sharing my successful and unsuccessful methods.

I have read all of the trading books and so on and I can tell you that all of the secrets are in those books, but one thing nobody can give you is discipline.

I celebrate small losses in the same way you might celebrate a large profit.

The biggest problem I see in traders is to let losers run and cut winners short. This was my biggest problem for years.

profits come from luck, small losses come from skill...

#193     Nov 2, 2007
  4. rovo

rovo

Wikistock is striving against this silence. It's not about learning secrets to become a succesful trader. For newbies it's just a steep learning curve traversing the depths of trading. The idea with wikistock is to take all this new information you are learning and post it in a structured format that you can make sense of, and reference easily. Otherwise you just get buried in all that you learn from the 5 forums, 8 blogs, and 2 books you are trying to juggle on a daily basis.

#194     Nov 2, 2007
  5. Hmm, I like that one.

#195     Nov 2, 2007
  6. With 11 posts why should it be assumed you know anything about successful trading.

Those few individuals who make their fortunes from the futures or equities markets do not disclose their success; that happens to be true.

A trading methodology for an individual needs to be simple but you are mistaken to believe it is not based on an intimate understanding and experience of the complexity of price behavior in the marketplace.

#196     Nov 2, 2007
  7. rovo

rovo

How many posts someone has made is a direct indicator of what they may or may not know about successful trading?

QUANITY
    ----------
    over
    ----------
    QUALITY

#197     Nov 2, 2007
  8. piezoe

piezoe

More than two numbers can be summed to zero.

#198     Nov 2, 2007
  9. I like it too.

Anek

#199     Nov 2, 2007
  10. Are you new to ET or new nick ?

Reason I ask is because I sense wisdom in this post.

Anek

#200     Nov 2, 2007