Successful Traders, How Long Did it Take You?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by smallfil, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Your question is like asking how long does it take a NFL Player to be charged for either rape, murder, or aggravated assault. It will happen eventually, just keep beating hookers after doing lines on their belly. But there are no guarantees in life! Is there an assault that is not aggravated? Funny. Trading is a sickness, not a job, sorry to say. If you want to catch it grab hold of your nuts and jump right in. Don't worry, human nature will kick in you'll be sick in no time at all. Good Luck!

#11     Mar 7, 2006
  2. Good post, this sounds about right to me too.

#12     Mar 7, 2006
  3. Wow, thats pretty impressive. Only 4 months to get consistent, your performace is definitely not the norm wouldnt you say?

#13     Mar 7, 2006
  4. Thanks while it is noteworthy, I think guys coming in today can get profitable within 30 to 60 days. It is just a matter of getting some good coaching, a gameplan, and a good strategy.

#14     Mar 7, 2006
  5. ozzy

ozzy

30 days to run a profitable operation? Wholly fuck !!!

Who needs to go to med school or engineering or law school.

I'm just going to click some buttons on a computer and I'm going to be fucking rich.

Wholly fuck !! Why didn't anyone tell me this when I was 17???

Wholly fuck !!

Ring that cash register baby. I'm gonna be rich in 30 days.

Cha - Ching !!

I'm rich biatch !!

P.S Back to reality. Not everyone has access to a rock star mentor who knows what the fuck they are doing. So good luck newbies and even if they do they need to have the right "stuff" to flourish in this business. All you pussies are toast. That's my opinion.

#15     Mar 7, 2006
  6. bitrend

bitrend

Ah! 30-60 days is too long. It's just took me 1 day. I was profitable the first day. And lose everything the next months!!!
    :mad:

#16     Mar 7, 2006
  7. I don't buy into the specific time frame thing. I mean, what is "making it" in this business? For some, netting $40,000 might be fine. But for others, getting back to that six figure salary that they left behind is a must.

Also, starting capital is an issue. For some, it's easier to learn the process of trading if they don't actually need the money to live on or if the money doesn't represent their entire life savings.

#17     Mar 7, 2006
  8. smallfil

smallfil

Just trying to figure out how long it takes to really master trading so that, one is profitable enough to make a living out of it!!!
    Thank you everyone for your input. I also wish everyone success in your trades.
    I am continuing to study as I feel that I have a lot to learn still.

#18     Mar 7, 2006
  9. I've been trading for 2 years and based on my stats I can say that I do well. Last year I generated a good income that provides a "quality" living for me and my wife.

Unfortunately I can remember a single happy day, when I lose money I'm unhappy because I hate to lose money and when I make money I'm unhappy because after reviewing my trades I realize that I could had made more and I accuse myself of being a girlie man for not being more aggressive.

But don't take me wrong, I love what I do, I wouldn't change it for anything, but I'm never happy.

I was recently reading Victor Niederhoffer's "Daily Speculations.com" and I found out that he can't remember a single happy day in 40 years of trading, so I don't have any hope of having one.

#19     Mar 7, 2006
  10. There is a huge difference between "making it" and earning a living as a trader. I wouldnt say anyone who makes 100k a year trading has "made it" because that is a tiny little measly sum when you think of what potential is out there. But 100k can be a very good living for most people in the US (not in Manhattan though where I am) :).

#20     Mar 7, 2006