successful traders are obligated to Teach, here is why.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by insert, Jun 29, 2007.

1. insert

insert

#31     Jun 30, 2007
  2. hi,

i'm a newbie with market experience almost a year

i couldn't agree more with you

anyway since you mention that information is out there free on the internet

i'm humbling myself if it's possible that you may recommend me some good website for me to study...

thanks alot

#32     Jun 30, 2007
  3. Even if you give away your "secrets" to your success, it is very unlikely that the person you teach it to has the same type of personality that you do and therefore would not trade it successfully, at least this is what I have found out in my journey.
    As for an obligation to help someone out, I don't think you are required to "give away" your trading rules, but if you study people who are successful and wealthy, they do give at least 10% of their profits to different organizations or even start their own charity organizations.
    It amazes me how a thread can turn into a shouting match, or a I'm better than you match. I have found out through my experience that if you go around bragging about how much you make, and how successful you are, then you are probably filling a void inside and have neither of these 2 things. Just my 2 cents worth.

#33     Jun 30, 2007
  4. The sheer idiocy of this thread...
    Illustrates perfectly why...
    No successful trader would ever post valuable information.

"Do not throw your pearls before swine".

#34     Jun 30, 2007
  5. In the beginning when i lost lots of money, nobody ever proposed to help me.
    Now that i make decent money everybody wants to be my friend. Suddenly it seems to be normal that should give away my secrets.

The only thing i want to teach others is that in this game you are always on your own. And if someone wants to "help" you, be suspicious and careful, because there is always a selfish reason behind these helpful people. It's all about money, not about friendship and generosity.

In trading there are two necessary factors to be successful:
    a good system
    a good trader

Not everybody is fitted to be a good trader.

#35     Jun 30, 2007