Suborned in the U.S.A.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Interesting article about Obama's dishonesty.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZmJhMzlmZWFhOTQ3YjUxMDE2YWY4ZDMzZjZlYTVmZmU=&w=MA==

Yet we now know that this life story is chock full of fiction. Typical and disturbing, to take just one example, is the entirely fabricated account in Dreams from My Father of Obama’s first job after college:

Eventually a consulting house to multinational corporations agreed to hire me as a research assistant. Like a spy behind enemy lines, I arrived every day at my mid-Manhattan office and sat at my computer terminal, checking the Reuters machine that blinked bright emerald messages from across the globe. As far as I could tell I was the only black man in the company, a source of shame for me but a source of considerable pride for the company’s secretarial pool. They treated me like a son, those black ladies; they told me how they expected me to run the company one day. . . . The company promoted me to the position of financial writer. I had my own office, my own secretary, money in the bank. Sometimes, coming out of an interview with Japanese financiers or German bond traders, I would catch my reflection in the elevator doors — see myself in a suit and tie, a briefcase in my hand — and for a split second I would imagine myself as a captain of industry, barking out orders, closing the deal, before I remembered who it was that I had told myself I wanted to be and felt pangs of guilt for my lack of resolve. . . .

As the website Sweetness & Light details, this is bunk. Obama did not work at “a consulting house to multinational corporations”; it was, a then-colleague of his has related, “a small company that published newsletters on international business.” He wasn’t the only black man in the company, and he didn’t have an office, have a secretary, wear a suit and tie on the job, or conduct “interviews” with “Japanese financiers or German bond traders” — he was a junior copyeditor.

2. Mercor

Mercor

This is a great article.

For the good of the United States this is the type of reporting that should have been done during the campaign.

it was only about Palin we saw any reporting.

3. TGregg

TGregg

When all the libtards were bashing Bush and calling for his impeachment, I'd just say WTF? Do you really want Cheney as POTUS?

Same thing here, but much worse. Get rid of The One and we'll have a Biden-In-Chief.

It might be funny afterward, but it sure would suck until we could unelect him.

4. This makes perfect sense considering the fact that he says his healthcare plan will reduce costs.

5. Eight

Eight

BO is a weird guy and he's in way, way over his head as POTUS, just amateur hour 24/7... Before the elections, people were asking what he would do if elected. I was saying "he's a Democrat, their party cannot survive without the black votes, he will give money to black voters".. so far little of the stimulus money has been distributed but most of it that has went to food stamps and welfare...

6. Obama has given much more to Goldman Sachs,Citi Group,GM, AIG etc then he has given to blacks

7. Mercor

Mercor

Are you saying there are no Blacks working for Goldman Sachs,Citi Group,GM, AIG?
    You racist!

8. Are blacks the only people receiving food stamps and welfare like the poster I was responding to had suggested ?

9. You're right.I hate Micheal Steele,Clarence Thomas,Allen Keyes and Juan Williams

10. At least Biden is an American.

#10     Aug 2, 2009