Style: I need a winter jacket to rule all winter jackets!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pension_Admin, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Joe

Joe

#21     Oct 16, 2010
  2. nitro

nitro

Keeping that clean would be a full time job.

FWIW, I like full length winter coats from Eddie Bauer. I don't care what I look like, I just hate being cold, and these things are amazing. I like being able to put my exposed hands in warm pockets that are close to me though, and that means pockets closer than down by the waist area. Sort of like side pockets, but not so high on the coat, more the middle and off to the sides where my arms can rest comfortably. It has to be water (snow) proof.

EB has one of these. Bought it ten years ago. Still strong and looks ok.

Imo you have to have two coats (at least) one for blazing cold weather that looks decent but is more utilitarian, and a real nice coat that looks great with a suit etc. Trying to do both at once doesn't work, for me.

#22     Oct 16, 2010
  3. Eddie Bauer have a sale event going on today. All items are 30% off. So I took advantage of this sale event, and bought the First Ascent Peak XV Down Jacket from Eddie Bauer today.

I really like the large pocket inside where I could put my gloves and water bottle. Also, I like the thick hood which will keep me warm during a snow storm.

Thank you everyone for your help! PA is now ready for this harsh, punishing, and remorseless Toronto winter!

PA

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tj_sLbV9tk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tj_sLbV9tk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    BTW: I got the black one.

#23     Oct 16, 2010

4. It's posts like these that make me question if I really want to visit Canada, even given I'm a citizen.

I have a top line Swanndri (NZ company, great gear, wool) and it's to effing hot to wear here in oz, although, If I do visit Canada, I'll be taking it-provided I don't move much, should keep me cozy down to -15 C or so I reckon.

Canada protect's America........from ice:D

#24     Oct 17, 2010
  5. Even though Canada is cold, it is still a good place to live or travel to. It could get cold, but as long as you dressed warmly, it wouldn't be a problem.

The weather in Toronto is similar to New York. There are a lot of major attractions and fun stuffs to do. We also have Whistler which is an awesome ski resort and party place. The winter olympic was recently held there. (I am planning to go there in March). We got Montreal which is another party place, and everyone speak French. We also got Bannf, which is one of the the most beautiful places in the world. Vancouver is also a nice place to hang out; you can enjoy the view of the rocky mountains where ever you go.

#25     Oct 17, 2010