Style: I need a winter jacket to rule all winter jackets!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pension_Admin, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit. I just need a warm winter jacket for snowy condition, for both work and play, and that it should last a long long LONG time.

I am thinking of either getting this one:

Canada Goose Expedition Parka
    [​IMG]

Or

North Face Diez Jacket
    [​IMG]

Or

North Face Thunder Jacket
    [​IMG]

Please help PA battle the arctic condition of Toronto. Please help PA decide on which jacket to get.

Thank you!

PA

2. If its that cold, wear both.

3. I would love to get them all, but I can only afford one. I am just tired of wearing those cheap jackets that get ruined in a year or two. I need one that would last me at least 10 years.

4. I bought an expensive jacket in '94 but didn't buy the liner. Bad move.

5. What kind of jacket was it? Could you wear a fleece or a hoodie instead of the liner?

6. Arnie

Arnie

Don't buy the one in the middle. You'll look like a black Michelin Man in that.

[​IMG]

7. LEAPup

LEAPup

The one on top looks like a female Kodiak bear standing at the edge of the stream in heat.:D If you wear that one, and get fur in your mouth, guarantee you'll know what it's like to be a MALE Kodiak bear...

The one WITHOUT the fur collar would be the one I'd go with.:)

8. I think the coyote fur is removable. It doesn't look that bad with the fur really. Check out the jackets in action:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WNkvASxfEWQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WNkvASxfEWQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

9. lescor

lescor

You call Toronto arctic? HA! That's hilarious. I spent 8 winters in Yellowknife and had one of those Canada Goose parkas. Too hot unless it's more than -20.

#10     Oct 15, 2010