Stupidist decision I ever made.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by spect8or, May 4, 2004.

1. No offence intended, Dustin. Having read your posts for a couple of years I understand you're the 'real deal'. Cool. Just keep on trucking then! (Lucky bastard!) :)

ps -- 5 years now? Hmm, still a bit early to judge in my book. Hope you haven't blown all that do' on the 'high life'; time and chance happen to them all! :)

#31     May 4, 2004
  2. or perhaps reality central... are you trading for a living yet qwik?

#32     May 4, 2004

3. Not at all. Try 'reality central'.

I know you've been there qwik.

#33     May 4, 2004

4. LOL! What's that line about 'great minds'? :)

#34     May 4, 2004
  5. Osman

Osman

whatever happened to the 'can do' spirit?

If you're not making money, go to someone who is. When in a conversation with people dumping on trading, go to people who are pumped up about trading.

This whole career is mental, talk positively to yourself and others.

Time is better spent thinking about how to find better entries, better targets, better ways to scan, better rules to follow and on and on, than thinking about how big of a mistake you made.

#35     May 4, 2004
  6. Well when you are as undecapped as 90% of the traders who attempt to make a go at this are, and you need to avg 10% a month just to make your nut then all the Anthony Robbins think positive pshyco-babble nonsene in the world will not help you escape your inevitable fate...

#36     May 4, 2004

7. LOL! I like to think we're a tad more sophisticated than that here, but I'm sure you'll snag someone.

#37     May 4, 2004
  8. well daytrading is a losing game, many people will tell you that. There are times you can make a lot of money daytrading mainly in abnormal times climactic sell off and bottoms and climactic rallies and tops. Then it becomes much more difficult .

And it is very dangerous to listen to some
    of the posters here who think positive thinking solve all your problems and make you profitable . It doesn't.

The bottom line is all trading is difficult, daytrading exclusively is certainly not a good way to build wealth and you have to find a main style that fits your personality and then look to diversify your strategies.

#38     May 4, 2004
  9. Zathrus1

Zathrus1

Well, it's pretty clear that you can't do very much with a negative attitude, so positive thinking IS a good idea.

The corollary of course, is that the positive thinking had damned well better be based on something other than a self-help program.

Z1
    (I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it - people LIKE me!)

#39     May 4, 2004
  10. i've come back from the brink of destruction. at my lowest point i was literally paying for gas with nickels and dimes in order to not withdraw money from my trading account.

#40     May 4, 2004