Stupid

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AKHENATON, Feb 25, 2008.

1. The schools should provided some sort of financial reward for achievement or work, I know I would go back do some collecting from professors who kept my term papers.

#31     Feb 26, 2008
  2. I understand what you are saying. I just think you are making an incorrect assumption. Your assumption is that lower test scores as all bad. I'm saying, design a test that measures leadership ability, critical thinking, and creativity. These nations you are sighting for being far superior to the US would on average significantly underperform in the test I mentioned.

So whether our education system is failing depends on how you define and measure success.

#32     Feb 27, 2008
  3. #33     Feb 27, 2008
  4. Excellent. Interesting nyc wants to have all restaurants post calories on the menu, wonder if they'd post the calories on the school menus. You know why they don't have phys ed at schools? The kids are too fat and would hurt themself and end up with a lawsuit.

Then the boe expects the parents to teach their kids to eat healthy, wazz up with that, I thought we sent kids to school to learn things like nutrition. Yea, I'll teach my kids to eat healthy and then you sell them twixt bars.

We are not re inventing the wheel here. Proper nutrition was taught in school and practiced. Ha, no cooking in the school cafeteria, that's the best joke yet. Bitchin about bake sales and bringing in cupcakes for kids birthday parties, another joke.

Teachers unions are wealthy, boe is the wooshing sound of our tax dollars waving bye bye and wo woo have a fund raiser to buy a frigging exercise bike.

dogma to dogma, screw up to screw up keeps this economy rolling, Houston heifers at mickee d's see that? Go long on knee replacement surgery stocks. Wtf good is an ergonomic chair if ya can't fit in it?

#35     Mar 9, 2008
  5. Hear, hear. Having taught in Japan for a few years at public high schools, I can say that the Japanese system is to cram and memorize and create obedient and disciplined workers, not to imbue creativity or leadership skills. "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down."....30-40 kids in one classroom, being drilled over and over in various subjects by largely uninspiring and strict teachers who are often more concerned with a uniform being wrinkled or the length of a skirt rather than academics.

Not to say that many, many, many American students are sorely lacking in the basics of mathematics, science, geography, history, heck you name it....

#36     Mar 9, 2008