Stupid Volume Question

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by pclark, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Tums

Tums

Check out the Ensign website.
    They have a detailed explanation, comparison, and illustration of various chart presentations. Including CVB vs Minute vs Tick, etc.

#11     Nov 25, 2008
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Volume is an indicator that falls under the heading of "too much information" and should be discarded. Thank you for your time.:)

#12     Nov 25, 2008
  3. And a car is a car . . . Correct? All are alike . . . Correct?
    And a woman is a woman . . . Correct? All are alike . . . Correct?
    And a storm is a storm . . . Correct? All are alike . . . Correct?
    And a TV's resolution is just a picture. . . Correct? All are alike . . . Correct? THere is no difference between analog and digital . . . Correct? HD TV is a joke . . . Correct?. That picture isn't any clearer than regular TV . . . Correct?

This is not a game! Though some treat it that way. Reading a chart can be objective or a subjective gamble. It's up to each of us to make that choice but it is a choice.

Here is an example of the eMini S&P over the last week in a Constant Volume Bar format. The circled areas are where this particular chart showed an extreme oscillation where a trade set up in the direction price had already showed a strength toward. The large arrows show entry points. This is just an example of the smoothness of this type of chart.

The next chart I'll post is of the same period but shown in minutes. Notice the difference in clarity. Both charts are of the IDENTICAL DATA!!

They are not the same! There is a difference!!

#13     Nov 25, 2008
  4. Charly

Charly

Ta

yes they show it though I did not find any comparisons.
    Their choice of indicator appears to be rather poor - backdated imho

#14     Nov 25, 2008
  5. Here is the 15 minute chart of the same period.

#15     Nov 25, 2008
  6. Tums

Tums

SOme people found gems
    some people found otherwise

such is life

#16     Nov 25, 2008
  7. Charly

Charly

#####################################

quote: ""Constant Volume Bar format. The circled areas are where this particular chart showed an extreme oscillation where a trade set up in the direction price had already showed a strength toward. The large arrows show entry points""

ProfLogic
    I must admit I'm not seeing any difference nor am I getting the point reg. your previous post - see quote above.
    Even the so called CVB are not clear to me since your chart shows the 15 min.
    timeframe.
    Sorry for that sort of newbie question.

If you find the time.............
    much appreciated
    Charly

#17     Nov 25, 2008
  8. So you see no difference between the 15 minute chart and the 16807 Constant Volume Bar chart . . . is that correct?

#18     Nov 25, 2008
  9. Charly

Charly

So you see no difference between the 15 minute chart and the 16807 Constant Volume Bar chart . . . is that correct? [/QUOTE]
    ######################################

Sort of unbelievable - fortunately I loaded your first chart again and it's different to the first time. Now there are the circles etc..
    No idea what happened since your 2nd post was not on my screen yet at that time.
    Wonderful - miracles

#19     Nov 25, 2008

10. ######################################

Sort of unbelievable - fortunately I loaded your first chart again and it's different to the first time. Now there are the circles etc..
    No idea what happened since your 2nd post was not on my screen yet at that time.
    Wonderful - miracles
    [/QUOTE]

It really amazing the difference between a minute chart and a CVB chart of the same time frame. The smoothness of the oscillations is all but eliminated from the minute charts. The clarity just isn't there.

#20     Nov 25, 2008