Stupid tradestation

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by RoughTrader, Aug 30, 2007.

1. tradestation has a great charting platform . the trading platform is the worst for fills on both stocks and futures....tech support aweful ...always a very long wait to speak to someone ...then after about an average 30 min wait you get to speak with a $7 per hour retard who cant help you anyway . other than that , they are fabulous!:)

#11     Aug 30, 2007
  2. That's what stops are for. Every one of these companies has a tough crash day at some point, but that is why i was asking if it a frequent and it seems like the answer to that is no.

Gerirchard: If I wanted charting I'd just use e-signal.

~Cx

#12     Aug 30, 2007
  3. i am curently using both e sig for 5 yrs ...tradestation for 2 yrs . esig was wonderful until about three months ago ....now any data surge lcauses it to lag or freeze up completely . tradestation charting much much better imo.

#13     Aug 30, 2007
  4. Might want to check PC settings or specs. My e-signal has gone down once in the last 6 months and has no bad data surges, only bad ticks, but I can count them on one hand.

~Cx

#14     Aug 30, 2007
  5. tortoise

tortoise

from the ts bulletin board....

Posted - 08/30/2007 16:01:51
    Earlier today, we discovered an intermittent Internet connectivity issue affecting our primary data center that affected order execution services for certain customer accounts. After exploring the matter, a decision was made to move all order execution services to our redundant, back-up data center. This took about an hour to complete. Order execution services have been restored, and we continue to explore the causes of the intermittent interruption so that we can do what is necessary to ensure it does not happen again. We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused the accounts that were affected.

Thank you,

TradeStation Securities, Inc.

#15     Aug 30, 2007
  6. was glad to see a post mortem on the outage. thanks vm for the communication ts

#16     Aug 30, 2007
  7. The excellent idea is to enter a hard stop loss...

#17     Aug 30, 2007
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

OK That's what happened yesterday...TS...TS...

#18     Aug 31, 2007
  9. After Refco and Sentinel, having multiple brokers is probably as important as diversifying your instruments and/or trading methods. Especially for non-futures traders such as forex.

The concept of someday

#19     Sep 1, 2007
  10. tortoise

tortoise

I agree. I've found TradeStation's datafeed to be solid. Hiccups such as this are rare.

#20     Sep 1, 2007