Stupid things Stupid people Tried to censor in past:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LongShot, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Elvis's Pelvic Gyrations

:p

2. Rock N Roll !

:p

3. "belly buttons"

for god sakes LOL :p :p

4. "cleavage"

ohhh this is soooo bad! LOL :D

5. YES, YES, YES!!!!! LMAO!!! :D BRILLIANT THREAD!

TELL THEM, LONGSHOT!!!!!:cool:

keep in mind, this stuff seems funny now, however, some of the stuff we censor now will be laughed at in the future--JUST LIKE WE LAUGH AT THESE EXAMPLES!

what i'm saying is, people who wanted to censor elvis were probably pissed off and offended, just like people today that read my posts and disagree with me! you people are the modern day elvis censures! people will laugh at you in the future!!! as usual, i'm ahead of my time!!!

6. But Gekko, you're forgetting that (some; actually, a lot) people liked Elvis. Who the hell (honestly) enjoys your juvenile attempts at 'in your face' 'tude?

It's not like you've actually espoused any original positions. The stuff you talk about is well known, and is hardly 'censored'. It's you (well, your behavior) that people can't stand, not the ideas themselves.

7. You people? What do you mean "you people?" (Anger Management movie flashback).

Honestly, there is a differece between censorship of ideas and profanity as Robinson pointed out on another thread. I've never deleted a post but had to take about 10 minutes of my time to remove all the f's out of that thread because it was just unnecessary. If someone wants to use those words as an adjective to describe a really bad day, then by all means do it -- it adds spice to the posts. For instance, if someone said, "I can't fucking believe NASDAQ busted those trades AFTER reopening the stock," then I could definately understand using it in that circumstance. However, to spew out endless profanity for no reason is just juvenile -- especially on a public board where you have time to think about what you're going to say.

8. Oh really aphie.. and i suppose you'll also tell us that theres a big clear line between obscenity and art too?? right aphie??

LOLOL!!!

OK hotshot tells us all what the diff is aphie baby. :p :p

C'mon genius YOU MADE THE CLAIN NOW BACK IT UP!!

Wanna bet aphie has nothing more to say?? HA!! :D :D :D

9. TANKS DUDE! GLAD YOU LIKE IT!

Yes, you are way way way ahead of your time 'ol buddy! You got wisdom even in your youth GG!!

Keep on keeping on good buddy!! :D

:cool: :D :cool:

10. yes...thank god for free minds!!!! what would we ever do without the likes of britney spears tongue dancing with a middle aged "has been" like madonna!!!! i also, really enjoy watching the latest "triumph" video featuring "dogs gone wild" and mutts french kissing humans.

#10     Dec 12, 2003