Stupid S&P

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nasdaq5048, Aug 2, 2006.

1. #21     Aug 3, 2006
  2. 5Pillars:

I called the guy at RT. He said they no longer offer Delta anymore. They will role out the new edition with marketdelta in sept.

I dont understand how to DTN thing works. From the marketdelta website, it said i need to subsribe the DTNIQ feed. So, with DTNIQ, i no longer need TWS from IB? and i need to pay exchange fees for DTNIQ

From the RT site, it seems the DTN is just an addon to IB.

What do u use? IB with RT or something else?

#22     Aug 3, 2006

3. I love it!!! I was able to really improve several systems I trade with "delta" information. I have reduced the time in trades (exposure) and I have slightly increased position sizing through the use of "delta" for the trading methods I use. My trade entry accuracy is what I would say is most positively affected so I am willing to trade more size on a per trade basis.

It also never hurts to see where the overall daily "delta" is and trending during the day to keep your trade directions straight (higher probability entries).

#23     Aug 3, 2006
  4. you have me intrigued...

just curious, is the delta only an "indicator" that can be applied to the ES, or have you used it while trading stocks that are associated with a certain index? exclusively futures related?

#24     Aug 3, 2006

5. Darn...you just missed the grandfathering in of the existing clients prior to the rollout of the new product that I have hinted about in other threads......sorry. :(

I know that IB uses some type of "snapshot" data which is not optimal for a tick-by-tick "delta" computational chart (like the ones I have shown in this thread). DTN.IQ is the proper tick-by-tick data feed which works perfect for this type of charting.

For IB users I think there was a DTN side feed option to backfill data...............something here on the Linnsoft site............

http://www.linnsoft.com/ib/index.htm

#25     Aug 3, 2006

6. :) ....what do you think....LOL! :) ...are you more intrigued now! :D

#26     Aug 3, 2006