stupid laws

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HELL YEAH, Apr 23, 2003.

1. born of a broken man
    born of a broken man
    yeah
    born of a broken man
    yeah

:-/

#41     Apr 23, 2003
  2. My point was not to argue for the cause of obesity or homosexuality, but to show how, by taking one position or the other, one may debate the role of government.

Your hard-line stance on pure choice, though admirable, is not likely to have mass appeal and thus unlikely to be the basis for public policy. You will likely, as a result, be very disappointed as the US code of law continues to develope and further limit your range of acceptable action.

#42     Apr 23, 2003
  3. Maybe so, but I speak the truth. I know first hand of what I speak of. I'm in better shape than the people that make these "policies." But you're right, what I say won't have mass appeal. The masses simply will not do what it takes, even if they knew exactly what to do! Blaming it on genes is much easier.

ROCK

#43     Apr 23, 2003
  4. there is nothing hard line about it you idiot!

hear the Truth!

Live the truth!

or perish!

it is your choice. :/

#44     Apr 23, 2003
  5. :) long live LongShot wit

#45     Apr 23, 2003
  6. I've been an athlete most of my life, I am a certified physical trainer (IART) and have studied, though to a lesser degree, nutrition and I agree. Certainly it is more difficult for some, and whether that is genetics/discipline/upbringing I don't know. What I do believe is that "can't" means "won't." Ultimately it comes down to exercising one's will.

I any event, the idea of "it's not my fault," seems to be gaining momentum. I wouldn't want to buck this trend. The trend towards more government and more laws is another. I have given up on being a polemic and fighting the system. I think it will be far more advantageous to find a niche and take advantage of these trends. Isn't that a big part of trading too?

#46     Apr 23, 2003
  7. Amen. To put it in the most simplest of terms, everything is as it is because that is how it came to be. If someone doesn't mind being a fat ass and sitting around all day and never being able to do active shit, then they are going to remain fat. If they choose to lose weight, they'll do so when they can no longer take it.

The problem becomes one of "short-term" rewards vs. "long-term" rewards. In the interim, they want to eat a pizza and drink a few beers -- but that goes directly against the long-term goal of losing weight.

Most people are short-term gratifists.

#47     Apr 23, 2003

8. ten bucks says Hell Yeah is Gordon Gekko

that boyishly endearing semi-inquisitive passive/aggressive writing style is impossible to mistake...

welcome back GG

#48     Apr 24, 2003
  9. twenty bucks says FRuiTy PeBBle is a member of the same family.

#49     Apr 24, 2003
  10. Who needs Sherlock Holmes when we have darkhorse and plumlazy?? :D I'll have to see if I have any relatives posting here, too. :p

#50     Apr 24, 2003