stupid laws

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HELL YEAH, Apr 23, 2003.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Aphie, that is the FUN part....think about all the things she will teach you that you never knew were so GOOD.......took an older man to teach me (married him it was so good)......take it from me, learning is a LOT of fun.....:) :)

#31     Apr 23, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Older women.......
    don't tell
    don't yell
    don't swell
    and are as grateful as hell.......

#32     Apr 23, 2003
  3. for u cathy...:D

#33     Apr 23, 2003
  4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

:D wink

#34     Apr 23, 2003
  5. I too wish the government to have as little power as possible. However, I would argue that 'brain wiring,' genetics, and conditioning play a role, and will continue to play a role, in the government's justification for extending the scope of the law.

To exemplify I will draw upon a, hopefully, less sensitive topic: Obesity. If obesity is the result of individual choice then it could be argued that public policy could extend as far as 'healthy eating campaigns.' The goverment would here be acting on an educational level. On the other hand, if obesity is the result of conditioning or genetics and thusly not the result of an individual exercising choice, then it would be a simple argument to make that the goverment should directly intervene at the point of action. So, instead working towards a more educated populus the government is working to restrict action. This is a more intrusive position and for me, one that is wholly undesirable for the goverment to maintain.

#35     Apr 23, 2003
  6. Hey cathy--you got the love I need
    Maybe more than enough.
    Oh Darling... walk a while with me
    You've got so much...

Many have I loved - Many times been bitten
    Many times I've gazed along the open road.

Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened
    Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.

Many dreams come true and some have silver linings
    I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold.

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missing
    Many many men can't see the open road.

Many is a word that only leaves you guessing
    Guessing 'bout a thing you really ought to know, ooh!
    You really ought to know...

hey cathy...you got the luv i need

:p

#36     Apr 23, 2003
  7. It may be true that some people tend to get fat more than others strictly due to genetics. However, how in shape you are is ultimately 100% personal choice. The people that say they're fat or can't lose fat because of their genes are absolute morons (on this subject)! They simply have NO CLUE how to eat/exercise right. Because they don't know what they're doing, they get poor results, and blame it on their genes.

Exercising/eating right is more complex than this, but I will give a simple example. So many people when they want to lose weight, might just start going for a walk every day--but that's all they do, they pay no attention what-so-ever to their calories. For simplicity's sake, let's just say it takes 2000 calories to maintain your weight on a day when you walk 1 mile. If you walk a mile and eat 2500 calories, you're still going to gain fat! People don't realize this because they pay no freaking attention to their diet/calories!!!!

I get so annoyed when I hear people blame their out-of-shapeness all on their genes! I am in great shape and it's not because of my genes!!! It's because I put in the work and exercised/dieted CORRECTLY EVERY DAY FOR YEARS!!!! The funny thing is, knowing what I know and knowing what it takes to be in perfect shape, I TOTALLY KNOW ONLY LIKE 2% OF THE POPULATION WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES! So many times I see similarities in trading. Only a small % of people really do what it takes.

ROCK

#37     Apr 23, 2003
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Obesity is not exactly what I would call a less inflammatory subject.
    Over 50% of the people in the US are fat.
    Compared to 10% are homosexual.

Not only are there more fat people, they are bigger.
    I would have picked a smaller demographic.:eek:

#38     Apr 23, 2003
  9. stop eating. :(
    start drinking:)
    eom.

#39     Apr 23, 2003
  10. Pedophilie is not a choice, murder instinct is not a choicev(pretty sure some here would like to kill me :D ), etc...

In the case of gay, it is different because the two persons are consentant. It is not the case for drugs addiction (because of the dealers and how many want to escape and cannot) and pedophilie or murder huh ?

Sometimes there is false pedophilie that is a very young person can really love an adult and some adults go to jail in that case whereas for true pedophiles they are protected like in the case of Dutroux but the reason for this latter case can be known...

Tolerance doesn't mean that everything should be allowed in fact one has deviated the term tolerance: tolerance means some liberty WITHIN certain LIMITS. It is called EDUCATION. If for example an adult love a young person he has to wait the majority like a child should wait to have a few years before drinking alcohol. EDUCATION means learning DISCIPLINE. You know the importance of DISCIPLINE in trading. Too much discipline is not good but NO DISCIPLINE AT ALL is DEATH AT TERM in the figurative sense as for SOCIETY because EXTREMISTS WILL PROFIT FROM THAT TO CLAIM MORE ORDER whereas they want to profit from the DISORDER to take the power and even produce it so as to accelerate the process.

#40     Apr 23, 2003