Stupid Eur/USD Trade

Discussion in 'Forex' started by wep56, Oct 19, 2005.

1. You are Coinz, aka FxSkapler aren't you? I knew it! Nice play there...:)

#61     Oct 19, 2005
  2. wep56

wep56

Don't know Coinz or FxSkalper. Never heard of them. And no I am not them. I don't know what they do, why they are here or whose crap list they are on. Don't really care.
    I am a successfull trader that joined this forum only to share ideas with other traders. Not to be ridiculed by guys simply because they have 500-1000 posts on this site.
    I'm sure that there are some here that know more than I do and of course I respect that. But in actual trading experience and success, I'm quite confident that I can stand my ground with any of you guys.

#62     Oct 19, 2005
  3. Who's ridiculing you? It seems that most people who replied to you were trying to help you out. It seems that you became very defensive as soon as someone disagreed with your theory on stops and order placement. It was you who introduced the fact that you've been trading for 12 years and trade full size S&P contracts. Why so defensive?

#63     Oct 19, 2005
  4. wep56

wep56

Well that is a good question. Why am I so defensive? Hell I don't know. Maybe it is because of the spin of the conversation.
    There is little doubt that different opinions have been tossed around her all day today and I am not trying to argue with anyone. In fact I enjoyed it. Especially since I yanked 79 pips out of the Euro today while getting to know you guys. In my mind it was a good day.

#64     Oct 19, 2005
  5. wep56

wep56

Hey Kalzayani,
    Thinking about selling cable tonight into the Asian and European sessions. Looking kind of weak around 1.7630. Any thoughts?

#65     Oct 19, 2005
  6. looks like your memory is a tad off WEP56

the ES started trading in late 1997 according to the CME website ...

-With the launch of the E-Mini S&P 500 futures and options on September 9, 1997-

#66     Oct 19, 2005
  7. marky1

marky1

On your S&P example, your stop was automatically pulled at the end of the day if not hit. Your exit was MOC. Are you saying that you did use something with this broker called a "stop loss" but you are now also saying that with your fx broker you are complaining to them because they are using the word "stop loss" but you now don't belive that terminology exists?

By the way re-read my first few responses to this thread, I think the first 4 or 5 were okay and calm/polite. You deteriorated the post by calling me a peanut butter trader and a joker of a trader. I am not looking to get into a "I'm better trader than you, as you seem to want to go with people answering your original post". Just came on here to try to help you out, I'm busy, to be honest didn't need the hassle but felt it was good to try and get accross what I knew about stops. Since I last read this post a few other people have confirmed what I thought. Not trying to knock you, make you look dubm or anything, but maybe people got a little pushy with you because you just would not listen?

anyway good luck today with your trading

#67     Oct 20, 2005
  8. Quah

Quah

Did you not find it odd, if the stop order was in fact supposed to be tied to your opening order - that you were asked for the size of your order?

#68     Oct 20, 2005
  9. wep56

wep56

Ok. Never traded the ES back then and neither did anyone else that I knew. Never even paid any attention to it.

#69     Oct 20, 2005

10. hi weppy,
    your posts demonstrate the psychology of 95% of the losing traders, in fact while the market is going in one direction you bet on the other and argue the trend....will be surprised to know that your trades are profitable...no offense mate.

Z CoMaNdAtOrE!

#70     Oct 20, 2005