Stupid Eur/USD Trade

Discussion in 'Forex' started by wep56, Oct 19, 2005.

1. marky1

marky1

thank god someone is backing me up, was begining to feel like an idiot! wep not looking for an argument, just trying to help you out here as to how brokers think. They take stops (market or limit) not a stop loss. Maybe in FX it's different I don't know but in futures I know my stuff!

#11     Oct 19, 2005
  2. wep56

wep56

Don't know what you are trading or who you are trading with but is my case, trading full size S&P contracts requires that my broker know EXACTLY what my intentions are. With the kind of commissions involved, he had better be jumping through hoops to know my intentions!! Or he sure as hell won't be my broker for very long.
    Sure, if you are trading mini-peanut butter contracts, I understand your point.

#12     Oct 19, 2005
  3. marky1

marky1

Well if we can't help I'll get back to my peanut trading

good luck

#13     Oct 19, 2005
  4. wep56

wep56

Example: If I am long 1 S&P contract at 11000 and I place an order to sell 1 S&P contract at 10990 it is considered a stop loss order. If I place an order to sell 1 S&P contract at 11010 it is considered a stop limit order.
    If I place an order to sell 2 contracts at 10990 it is considered a stop limit reverse order. Many more scenereos for stop limit orders but the stop loss order is pretty cut and dry.

#14     Oct 19, 2005
  5. I'll do the same.

The guy is not only wrong, but he doesn't care to learn why...

Besides, he says he trades Forex and then speaks of SnP...

Just a waste of time, IMHO.

#15     Oct 19, 2005
  6. wep56

wep56

Ok Mr smartass, explain how I am wrong? Sure I trade futures and FX and sometimes stocks. What does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to say that I don't know what I'm talking about with a stop loss order??? Man you have alot to learn.

#16     Oct 19, 2005
  7. marky1

marky1

You are so mixed up

if you are long of S&P from 11000 the order to do 1 at 11010 is a limit sell order - the word stop should not be in this order AT ALL. Honestly, please go away and learn, you came on here, asked a question, you now have 2 people telling you you are wrong and you still disagree.

#17     Oct 19, 2005
  8. I couldn't have said it better: yes, you don't know what you are talking about.

#18     Oct 19, 2005
  9. wep56

wep56

Forget the terminology that you are stuck on. The purpose of such an order is clear. Stop loss!!

#19     Oct 19, 2005
  10. marky1

marky1

you are long, getting out higher than where you bought, how can the word stop even come into that order ?????? You're taking profit not a loss - what is wrong with you?

#20     Oct 19, 2005