study:vegetarians live an average of 6-9 years longer than meat eaters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Free Thinker, Oct 12, 2012.

1. maxpi

maxpi

The big picture is that underweight people live the longest lives... at 6' tall I'm supposed to get down to 129 pounds or some ridiculous weight in order to live the longest according to actuarial tables...

We need fats to make hormones. 2 oz of meat 3x/day is supposed to be enough and I'm sure we could do that with veggie fats too, avocados maybe... Brain nutrients like phosphatidylserine [best found in fish] are completely missing from vegetarian's diets so go easy around them :)

Regarding antioxidants: if you touch the earth, or are wired to it via the ground system in your building while working and sleeping you don't need antioxidants. Free radicals are missing an electron because we don't touch the earth and antioxidants supply electrons, better to get them directly. Supplement purveyors like Dr. Mercola will tell you that you need to touch the earth a few minutes a day but I looked at the equations for electron drift theory and had to conclude that 6-8 hours was what I needed at my body mass so I work on a grounding mat and sleep on one... it cures winter depression for me for one thing... I know I'm on the right track with all this because at 70yo I don't need any doctors, don't have any symptoms of anything much at all really.

#61     Nov 29, 2014
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

You'll walk more comfortably, and think and talk more rationally if you eat healthy food. You probably don't give a shit at 88, but I do at 47.

#62     Nov 30, 2014
  3. heypa

heypa

I'd walk more comfortably if I didn't have a pinched nerve in my back that left me with about 15 % of previous strength in my right leg. You don't know what is in your healthy food. Tell me what was healthy food when I was 47 or younger ? How do you eat healthy food today since big agriculture owns the FDA? Every food producer and seller today hides ingredients and production secrets. With the help of the FDA that is. You don't know what is in your healthy food. One size does not fit all.
    Got a question for you Badger. What will be considered healthy food when you are 88 in 2061 ? By the way the only major operations that I will consider at my age will be life threatening. Pardon my illogical rant and I do give a shit.

#63     Nov 30, 2014
  4. heypa

heypa

Make that 2055

#64     Nov 30, 2014