Study: the current decline is probably just a correction in a bull market.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Troy Bombardia, Oct 27, 2018.

1. If this is still bull market, the stock market will experience more short term volatility, but the medium term is bullish.

But even if this is the start of a bear market, the stock market will make a medium term bounce soon. Bear markets don't drop in a straight line (eg see 2007, 2000, 1973, 1969)

https://bullmarkets.co/stocks-continue-crash/

ET180 and tommcginnis like this.
  2. ET180

ET180

I agree with the reasoning in this podcast. I could be wrong, maybe the headwinds are just too strong right now with trade tariffs, rising interest rates, and quantitative tightening, but I think we'll get a bounce from here. We'll see.

3. toc

toc

I see a sharp sell off followed by a atleast a medium term bull market.

4. Chewy

Chewy

in January 1980 Silver fell from about $53 to $10 over $200,000 per contract without a bounce. straight down for 23 straight days down limit. I had a friend who was long silver at the top lost over $200,000 on that one contract. it did a little dead cat bounce then went well below $5. It took more than 20 years for the market to bottom. 30 years to $50 level and immediately collapsed once again.

NEVER SAY NEVER

If you dont know what to do in all situations then you are going to lose everything one day.

5. zdreg

zdreg

it is a bear market for those who are late to the party.