Study Finds More of Earth Is Hotter and Says Global Warming Is at Work

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 7, 2012.

1. does it matter? greenhouse gas is the blanket. we can reduce the blanket or stop the person from putting on the blanket if it will make him dangerously hot.

#31     Aug 8, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

So sea levels should be 75 feet higher and temps 10 deg higher than they are. Sounds like man's presence and contribution, the only thing different now than then, is a good thing.

I guess you should just shut the fuck up about it now.

#32     Aug 8, 2012
  3. Arnie

Arnie

Rare snowfall stuns much of South Africa

By JON GAMBRELL
    Associated Press

August 7, 2012

AP Photo/Themba Hadebe

World Video

Multimedia
    Rethinking Africa: Nation-by-Nation Profiles
    Rethinking Africa: The Subsidy Debate
    Rethinking Africa: Innovative Businesses

Latest Africa News
    UN says driver shot dead by assailants in Sudan
    Sudan and South Sudan strike oil exportation deal

Buy AP Photo Reprints

JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- People slowly came outside despite the cold wind Tuesday across South Africa, pointed their mobile phone cameras to the sky and opened their mouths to taste a rare snowfall that fell on much of the country.

The snow began Tuesday morning, part of an extreme cold snap now biting into a nation still in its winter months. By mid-afternoon, officials recorded snowfall across most of South Africa. However, forecasters acknowledged snow remains so unusual that they typically aren't prepared to provide details about snowfall in the nation.

The snow closed some roads and at least one high-altitude pass. The snowfall also closed several border posts in the country.

As the snow fell, workers at offices in Johannesburg rushed outside. Some twirled and danced as the flakes fell. One man rushed to the top of a snow-covered hill and slid down, using a cardboard box as an improvised toboggan. Despite the cold and the snow, beggars who line traffic lights in the city continued to ask passing motorists for cash.

The snow grew heavier in the afternoon in Johannesburg, covering rooftops and slicking roads. Snowflakes are a rare commodity in Johannesburg, even during winter. South African Weather Service records show it has snowed in Johannesburg on only 22 other days in the last 103 years. The last snow fell there in June 2007.

In Pretoria, the country's capital, flurries filled the sky during a visit by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. It was the first snowfall there since 1968, the weather service said.

The cold weather is expected to last a few days.

#33     Aug 8, 2012
  4. jem

jem

of course it does...

if the warming (you) is causing the blanket (co2) to be put on and cooling causes the blanket to be taken off.. then you need to look at what causes the warming and the cooling... not the Co2

#34     Aug 8, 2012

5. There you go! GW is a hoax ! How could it snow if the world is getting warmer ! It's impossible ! And why is there glaciers still if the earth is supposed to be hot now ?

#35     Aug 8, 2012
  6. You're an idiot.

#36     Aug 8, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're pillow biting idiot.

#37     Aug 9, 2012
  8. This bugs me, because I live in the heartland. It is what AAA condescending calls "flyover" country.

I realize AAA is going thru something right now, so I don't chastise him over it, but if the crops of the heartland fail due heat and drought, you folks in Da City, ain't seen nothin yet.

I will say again, you might want to Google Corn!!!!

None of this was aimed at you FC.

#38     Aug 9, 2012
  9. Anal sex. Again.

Lucrum, get some counseling, bruh.

#39     Aug 9, 2012
  10. I bought some CORN a few weeks ago and (so far) I'm glad I did. Maybe it'll offset the increased cost of buying food.

#40     Aug 9, 2012