Student Needs direction

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cyoungmark, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Hi, I'm new to the forums. I'm 19 and in college. I have taken a huge interest in the markets and this all started about 3 months ago. I've done alot of research and read a few books. Reminiscences of a stock operator, pit bull, etc. I have a very strong interest. I have read up on different Technical analysis techniques and different strategies. I have been paper trading the stock market, and some forex.

Now to my point. I'm looking for advice. I want to make this a career path, but i don't know how to do that. Prop trading really sparks my interest. I have been paper trading, but don't have the capital to day trade. I'm really just looking for someone to mentor me, and just guide me through the process of becoming a consistent and profitable trader. I've looked into prop firms around my area (minneapolis,MN) and talked to some about becoming an intern for them hoping to get my foot in the door.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice at all about the next steps i should be taking, or maybe any stories that anyone would like to share about how they got started?