Student Loans -- the point of no return!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Swan Noir, May 13, 2012.

1. First ... I think this is brilliant beyond measure:

Comments
    Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

And the parabola here is a serious, serious problem. This shit don't end well for education or finance.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/0...ampaign=Feed:+TheBigPicture+(The+Big+Picture)

2. What is it with people these days? Don't they know that they have to PAY BACK their student loans?

3. It's become as polarizing as the debate over the "cause and effect" of the housing bubble. Basically, everything in our society follows the inflationary trajectory...when incomes cannot cover the perpetual increase in the costs of housing, education, consumables, in steps the government with "easy lending" and "affordable loans" to try and get the sheeple into that "monthly payment" mindset. If that payment proves too much of a burden, in steps some other form of procrastination with a rollover loan at a better rate and/or an extension of the payments to lower the monthly nut.

But instead of acknowledging the source of all this madness, it's much easier to line up on one side of the political spectrum and copy all the soundbites and talking points to try and make sense of it.

4. It's just money.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

[​IMG]

Look at that chart. Now look at the year 1993. That is the year that Bill Clinton signed the Federal Direct Student Loan Program into law. Nothing more to say...

6. This is what happens when you convince congenital idiots that sitting in a classroom will make them smart.

Kinda like folks thinking that posting here on et makes them traders.

7. Arnie

Arnie

Wow. The Govt subsidizes student debt and it goes UP!

Lets hope they dont start doing that with health care or housing.

:D

8. morganist

morganist Guest

They support student debt to make the unemployment figures down also to stop rioting.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah shocking I know. I was equally as shocked that there was gambling in Casablanca. :)

10. I have 3 PhD's and the total amount comes to:

$653,765

I just turned 45

No worries, I just got an offer for $35k!!!!

with benefits!!!!

lol, jk

OK, OK...

I just spent $52k undergrad a year and got drunk 1,763 times

or $25k a year public school and didn't understand one word from my TA

by the time people are "free" from this debt, they will be 90 and too tired to really fight for any cause.

this is the master plan

#10     May 14, 2012