Student Loans drying up!!!!! Good news

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

A trade school like Devry can educate and graduate for half the cost of a "state" run school.

Seems like that is the model needed to be followed for general studies.

#21     Apr 12, 2008
  2. Let's crank up the tuition 12-15% for the tenth year in a row, the fool kids can just easily get a bigger loan.

Once upon a time, med students worked their way through college with no loan, now they are stuck with a $250,000 debt before they even start practicing medicine.

#22     Apr 12, 2008
  3. Only way to stop these clowns is tell them to BIOYA, when they come calling with their 'tuitions'

#23     Apr 12, 2008
  4. Yeah, I'm a sucker who took out loans, went to school and wasted 4 years of my life stuck with a fat 23,500 bill.

I urge kids to stand out, learn a skill, make yourself marketable. Go to college ONLY if it makes you learn a specialized skill that will seperate you from the pack. You are wasting your time and getting an expensive piece of paper when all said and done.

Most successful people I know are just ambitious, street savvy, and people savvy and not book smart.

College tuition is way overpriced now and will always be. I always felt like I was in prison in school most of my childhood life.

#24     Apr 12, 2008
  5. ya lower enrollment, meaning poor students with potential end up working at mcdonalds for life.

it is stupid. a better solution is to regulate tuition and try to find ways to lower student debt loads instead of pumping money into places like iraq.

lets free students from education debt...

#25     Apr 12, 2008
  6. Don't say that, I understand it's a great place to meet other crooks who will then invite you to join them in their scams as they infiltrate society.

#26     Apr 12, 2008
  7. This forum needs more balance. Not long ago I read in this same forum that everyone seemed to agree going in debt for a college degree these days was an investment. So which is true?

#27     Apr 13, 2008
  8. I agree with flying iguana

#28     Apr 13, 2008
  9. dude, whenever some huckster wants to palm off overpriced goods on ya they call it an investment.

Your house was an investment 3 years ago 2.

Everything has some value, even college. But at a fair price, not extortion.

#29     Apr 13, 2008