Student loan debt tops $1 trillion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bigarrow, May 9, 2013.

1. piezoe

piezoe

There is truth here, however the one thing you must not permit the slaves to do is to acquire a good education. There is no problem with job and obedience training, in fact the slave masters must encourage it, but allow the slaves access to a real education, and you invite insurrection.

I believe the proliferation of for-profit "educational" institutions to be very favorable to the slave masters. They teach without educating, and they increase dependence on government.

#11     May 22, 2013
  2. no shit.

#12     May 22, 2013
  3. Too big of a bubble. Stop the loans and let’s see what people will really pay for an education. Bet it wouldn’t be more than $20k then.

#13     May 28, 2013
  4. I would also like to see what an education would be worth without any loans whatsoever. Then again I’d like to see what the value of anything – including the market – would be without any credit…

#14     May 31, 2013
  5. Intriguing thought… A world without credit would be an interesting one to say the least. I think a lot of prices would come down in general and people would be forced to have a reserve pile of cash without any form of credit.

#15     Jun 7, 2013
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Don't we have that already in the Arab world?

#16     Jun 7, 2013